got my truck tuned

pimp ss

he won't be running 200 shot for long.......that big of a shot wil grenade a stock motor :nono:

an LQ9 can take 100-125 shot and be okay (as posted by someone a while back, Mr. P.?)

There is a world of difference between handheld programmers and dyno/PCM tuning. I originally had a Hypertech, but it was too mild for my taste. My SSS hauls @ss now with my Wheatley tuned PCM. I only removed 50% of the TM, I don't want to kill my trans too soon. :chevy:

what did the wheatley tune run you?

what did the wheatley tune run you?

It cost me $300 for the tune and a refundable $125 core charge. I kept my stock PCM for warranty purposes so I ate the core charge. Charlie writes his tunes from scratch and he offers free lifetime updates, not mention he has great customer service. :thumbs: Ordering a tuned PCM from Wheatley Performance was the best bang for the buck mod I have done yet. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

It cost me $300 for the tune and a refundable $125 core charge. I kept my stock PCM for warranty purposes so I ate the core charge. Charlie writes his tunes from scratch and he offers free lifetime updates, not mention he has great customer service. :thumbs: Ordering a tuned PCM from Wheatley Performance was the best bang for the buck mod I have done yet. :chevy:

but if you dont wanna drop 300+ bucks on a custom tune you can get one from wait4meperformance.com and it will only cost you $160 thats with shipping and you get to keep your old PCM......best deal by far...JMO

• 2 weeks later...
that aint no shit guys, i put that hypertech on there and it didn't help that much, it did but not as much as i expected, man, i had jimmy voyles tune mine with hptuners and my god what a difference, i have 0% torque management aka need new tc aka will need a rebuilt aka more money will be spent because i have a hard time stopping myself from hitting that little magic button.

How can I get a hold of Jimmy Voyles for a tune?