New forged wheels

usabodyguard

Ok, so i am getting some new forged wheels... custom made one off design...

22x10

I have the 6 piston baer fronts i need to contend with plus i want to lower the truck from stock height down 2/4 without any rubbing...

any help on offset would be sick... here is the style of wheel i am getting, but in 6 SPOKE version not 5 as shown... or something real similar...

remember - those big ass brakes front and rear are going to stand out behind these wheels...

they are about $800 each... (not including tires)

here is the 5 spoke version below... mine will be a little different. I am hoping to be there when they are cut... if so, i will take some pictures during manufacturing...

they will weigh about 34lbs each... sans tires

post-10126-1188095857_thumb.jpg

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

thanks for the compliments... i am getting a partial sponsorship and working out a trade for the rest of it....

i need the correct backspacing for the baer 6 pistons to work and not rub without spacers... anyone have some 22"s with the 6p baers??

plus when i get those wheels... i am going to drop the truck some more... since i am getting a bullet proof trans, my rear end is already done, suspension, etc... i want to make this a little more race friendly along with show friendly... not just one or the other, ya'll dig my intentions??

i cant wait for my NEW trans... anyone need a core??? lol

damn Dave those wheels look sick, r u gonna color match these too like ur 24's??? and will all of this be done by the end of september for the next G2G(if its still happening)???

-Rob

thanks... remember i am going with the 6 spoke version, and I may go with something completely original to my own design - a true one of a kind... but my purpose is two fold -

1. Lighter wheels - less stress on the drive train + lower the truck some more

2. Something to showcase my brakes!

I am still debating on color matching... i am leaning to leave them as is... but i will either powder coat them clear or have them painted clear... polished aluminum wheels are a bitch to keep clean... i had a set on my 4x4 MT... after 8 months they looked like hell...

no one has back spacing numbers??? :banghead:

Something tells me you are not going to get that exact same wheel for your truck. The one you have shown is a 5 lug and the design of the wheel includes the placement of the lug holes. I have seen 5 spoke exposed lug wheels with 6 lugs, but not in a design like that. You might want to look into that a bit more.

As far as the backspacing, my 22" Centerlines are 9" wide with a 5.5" Backspacing. My old Konig's were 20 x 10" and they had a 5" Backspacing. If you can get them made with a 5.5" BS, they stick out 1" more than my current wheels.

Current 22 x 9 Centerlines with 5.5" BS (285/45/22 Tires)

AUT_7179-1.jpg?t=1188254996

AUT_7183-1.jpg?t=1188255285

AUT_7170.jpg?t=1188255413

Konigs 20 x 10" with 5" BS (305/50/20 Tires)

AUT_5444.jpg?t=1188255061

AUT_5448.jpg?t=1188255576

yea in the first post i mentioned the 6 spoke is the version i will be getting... i only had a picture of the 5 spoke...

i am going with a 22x9.5 with a 5.5 backspace... Mr. P did the calculations for me... (one of the smartest guys i have met on here... guy is a brainiac... id call him a nerd but he drives an SS so he cant be all that bad... LOL... you rock steve!)

yea in the first post i mentioned the 6 spoke is the version i will be getting... i only had a picture of the 5 spoke...

i am going with a 22x9.5 with a 5.5 backspace... Mr. P did the calculations for me... (one of the smartest guys i have met on here... guy is a brainiac... id call him a nerd but he drives an SS so he cant be all that bad... LOL... you rock steve!)

I agree that a 9.5" wide wheel is a better choice. The 20 x 10's I had were just a bit too wide for my taste.

... Mr. P did the calculations for me... (one of the smartest guys i have met on here... guy is a brainiac...
Yeah, and so good looking too! :jester: Glad to help :thumbs: those wheels are going to look badass.

and BTW if I were that smart I wouldn't be as broke as I am!!!

Mr. P. :)

i did a little thing on wheels a while back. the easiest way to figure out what kinda spacing you need. put the brakes you want on there and measure from where the wheel will bolt on to the hub and how far out the caliper comes. it would be easier if you used a straight piece of metal like a level or a square and lay it along the rotor between the studs and bring it over to the caliper. keep in mind they use millimetres as opposed to inches for offsets. see link below for better explanation.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32705

hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

aight man hope you dont mind but I am going to steal your topic here for a minute...

I am thinking about getting a set of Eagle 026 series 22 X 9.5 rims. I know that a few guys in here have them. I am planning to lower the truck 2/3, and keep the stock brake calipers (for now). What offset do you guys think that I will need and how much do you think that will change IF I do decide to upgrade the brake calipers in the future?

http://www.aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=262

a link to the rims that I found.