100+ Octane

1 Fast SS

I pay 8 bucks at the track for 110 Leaded and there is a somewhat local place that pumps it for $6.75 I think. I only run 5 gallons at a time so it doesn't hurt the wallet too much!

hey jj i can get the vp 110 for 6.25 a gallon :thumbs: thats where i get my quad fuel from

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right. I will not even respond to this. I am at fault here and I do apologise.We can go on all day with this one. I do dabble with tuning and know the basics. I ran a radix and pegged my cylinder airmass at 1.20 g/cyl so I was only using one line on my timing table. For the most part at 100% TPS I was running 17* advance but did tip KR over 5200 so I pulled timing via my IAT table. That allowed me to continue to run the 17* base and pull enough timing to quench my KR. ALL ON 91 octane because that is all we have out here!How can you be so narrowminded wiht this stuff. You are on the east coast (I believe) and you are comparing to someone on the west coast at a higher elivation, HOTTER ambient and most likely a dozen other parameters that differ to your "knowledge of this 11.1 CR and 30* of advance on 93". Apples to apples sunshine. :shakehead: This is a "hobby" to me not a business as I think it isn't your business either. One day you will look back on all of this and say: "It was fun and I am glad I did it but man, I should have thought about what was really important in my life." How old are you? When I was in my 20's I felt like you and soon realized that the world isn't all about fast cars. When you realize this as well, you will understand that encouraging others in this hobby is more satisifying than your derogatory remarks. In other words, your delivery needs work as I truely believe that you have useful information that will benifit the group.I am done.
yes on east coast, thanks for appolgise, it is my buisness at the moment. just trying to point across if you dont need the octane dont use it....and leaded fuels arent the best for our motors
:chillpill: i think we can all agree on the fact that 100+ octane fuel smells good.
up here we have turbo blue. that is one of the best smelling octanes ive smelt. 105 unleaded

I love the smell of C12. Sweet.

I ran that stuff in my GTO years ago, and it ran killer with it. Completely different set up, I know.

Another thing to consider in this argument is the camshaft. Some grinds will bleed off cylinder pressure allowing for a little more timing.

so if i put a half tank, or a full tank in my 2003 SSS just once, wouldnt hurt anything eh?
The main thing it will hurt is if it is leaded fuel. Most race gas (110+) is leaded. Like Mr.P stated in his earlier post it does burn slower, so that can put more fuel in the exhaust. It's best in our trucks to mix it to achieve a mid 90s octane rating unleaded.

P.S. This is for the street driven trucks in areas that care about emissions.

hey jj i can get the vp 110 for 6.25 a gallon :thumbs: thats where i get my quad fuel from

Where at? I need some for this weekend. Do you go to Downs Fuels of the 15 and 91? That's where I was planning to go tomorrow.

there is a place off cedar on the 10 not to far from the racetrack. there is also a gas station that sells 100 at the pump off 6tg street in norco off the 15. i recently bought 15 gallons of 109 unleaded and it was almost 10 a gallon but its the highest unleaded you can get.

Way to settle everyone down Al. :thumbs:

this is a great thread with lots of good info and i'd hate to see it closed for non related bickering. :driving:

im glad that they dropped it as fast as they did too :thumbs::cheers:

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

this is a great thread with lots of good info and i'd hate to see it closed for non related bickering. :driving:

im glad that they dropped it as fast as they did too :thumbs::cheers:

dropped as fast as a 14s truck on Leaded fuel lmao :jester:

dropped as fast as a 14s truck on Leaded fuel lmao :jester:

Not sure why that was necessary. That's ok, I'll lett you take your jabs. My racing success and my truck's performance speak for themselves.

12'S ROCK: You should go to Downs Fuels off the 15 just south of the 91...$5.65 per gallon for 110.