Avic D3 installed

im looking into how to do some subs.. and my dynamat\carpet replacement is still in my mind, but i dont know who to have do it.

I built a box for mine, it was really easy only took about 5 hours total with carpeting here it is incase you need an idea-

2128401481_5025dc7ba6.jpg

I put my avic D3 in this weekend. I still havent hooked up the parking brake wire- Ive been told I can just put it on a switch and be able to watch dvds when Im moving- Is that right or can I just ground it??? I also cant get my phone to connect with the bluetooth adapter, but Im gonna hook up the rest of the stuff and get it all finished before I call pioneer support for help. I havent hooked up the rear view camera stuff or the VSS wire yet either.

Where did you guys tap in for the VSS wire anyway? I looked it up in SI at my dealership and found the wire that goes to the cluster, but i dont know if it will work cause it goes to the BCM first. Should I just tap in at the transfer case where the VSS is?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to avic411.com for info on the bypass method.

what phone do u have? there is software called jet you may have to install on the phone.

i have the underseat storage under my back seat, so a sub box wont work for me there.

avic4111.com has all the info you need about the wires.

sweet, thanks for the info. I went to avic411.com and registered last night. They have everything in there. I bypassed the parking brake dealy and now my bluetooth works too, I noticed in the manual that you have to have the parking brake on to do it so that was the problem. I still cant get my phone book to tranfer though so Im gonna call pioneer and sit on hold for an hour.

• 1 month later...

Hey gang, I'm pretty new to the board, but am looking to do this in the next couple of months to mine. I had the N2 in my Durango and was thinking about the Z2. Any reason you guys picked the D3 instead of the Z2? Also since Bonj said you lose some steering wheel controls, what buttons work and don't work now? Thanks all.

Also turbocoop, if you didn't see this particular post on avic411, they mentioned that if you have the speed controlled volume, that you could use one of the wires in the radio harness as your VSS hookup instead of the instrument console.

• 9 months later...
bringing back an old topic but does anyone know how to incorporate the factory Xm into the D3?

You still have to buy the pioneer XM adapter, but If you go under the dash you can disconnect the factory XM antenna from the control box, take the plastic clip off the end, and replace it with the clip off the pioneer antenna. If you do this, you will be able to keep the factory XM antenna, instead of having to mount an extra antenna on the vehicle.. if that all makes sense..

download the newest disk off of a torrent site and burn it, just did it with the west and it works great. You must have a dual layer burner though.

I'm trying! It's been downloading for 2 days so far & still going!!!