OBX Headers?

ccc_23

Are these any good in performance wise headers? looking into buying a set.. and i saw these online

i got almost 3 tenth gain going from manifolds to OBX Long tubes, but i have a cam and heads as well so i may get larger gains. That gain was also before getting re-tuned for them.

Brad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the pipe diameter for the obx LT... the e-bay page says 1 3/4" primaries but what about the intermdeiate pipe and @ the collector.... im lookin to fab a tru dual 3" set up soon and im tryin to decide on headers n cats...

collectors are 2 1/2. i have the dynatechs and just had new flanges welded on to run 3 inch true duals. i wouldnt do it though unless your gonna go forced induction down the road.

collectors are 2 1/2. i have the dynatechs and just had new flanges welded on to run 3 inch true duals. i wouldnt do it though unless your gonna go forced induction down the road.

thanx for dimensions.... looks like obx is out for me.... im lookin @ a 2.6l intercooled kennebell w/ in a year (hopefully)...

thanx again

JOE

thanx for dimensions.... looks like obx is out for me.... im lookin @ a 2.6l intercooled kennebell w/ in a year (hopefully)...

thanx again

JOE

You can EASILY change out the collector. For the quality of these headers in stainless steel, and for the price nobody can match them at the moment.

You can EASILY change out the collector. For the quality of these headers in stainless steel, and for the price nobody can match them at the moment.

would it still be worth i tho if im just gonna drop the intermediate pipes and the cats since those are smaller... it might make more sense to get coated pacesetter w/ 3" cats right off the bat... unless the quality is that different between the obx n pacesetters... just thinkin out loud right now ive just started researchin the headers so im not sure just yet what im gonna do... thanx for the comments boon its somin to think bout....

Pace setters have a 3" collector. OBX/Dynatech have 2.5". Stock is 2.25". I love my pace setters except that they are not bolt in because of the custom fab for the y-pipes basically. Some of the welds on my custom pipes are leaking after 40k miles and need to be re-done. I live in a snow belt and drive it year round...it was expected. I wanted to go to OBX to avoid this. If you are in Cali or southern climates then it is no issue. After paying $225 to have y-pipes made and welded in the first time and now going to pay for it again...you can sense my frustration that the obx were not around when I started the project, I would be out far less money.

Pace setters have a 3" collector. OBX/Dynatech have 2.5". Stock is 2.25". I love my pace setters except that they are not bolt in because of the custom fab for the y-pipes basically. Some of the welds on my custom pipes are leaking after 40k miles and need to be re-done. I live in a snow belt and drive it year round...it was expected. I wanted to go to OBX to avoid this. If you are in Cali or southern climates then it is no issue. After paying $225 to have y-pipes made and welded in the first time and now going to pay for it again...you can sense my frustration that the obx were not around when I started the project, I would be out far less money.

i live in Staten Island NY and spend a good amount of time upstate so snow will be an issue for me some what... ill have to keep the leakin issue in mind while i am choosin... the obx seemed purty cool since they were a whole package and stainless for a great price... plus i plan on doin this myself so it would have made my life a bit easer to fab the dual cat backs... but since i wont be able to use the rest of the system im leaning away from them now... not to mention the coated pacesetter's shouldnt wick as much heat as the obx and im gonna be doin some fiberglass work under the hood so this may help to keep anything from warpin on me....

Aren't these the headers that melt plug wires? I am interested in this set-up, but worried about melting crap. Is there other plug wires I can buy to avoid this?

Yes they melt sotck plug wires and yes there is a solution. Everyone gets so bent out of shape about the plug wires melting when no one really made any complaints about dropping $1,500 on the dynatechs and still melting the plug wires...ironic isnt it? FYI...there are lots of manufacturers that have issues on several vehicles with plug wires...even on f-bodies and mustangs, imports, etc.

Yes they melt sotck plug wires and yes there is a solution. Everyone gets so bent out of shape about the plug wires melting when no one really made any complaints about dropping $1,500 on the dynatechs and still melting the plug wires...ironic isnt it? FYI...there are lots of manufacturers that have issues on several vehicles with plug wires...even on f-bodies and mustangs, imports, etc.

thats why ceramic coating is the "shiznits"... :jester:

there is a pic on PT.net, where a guy made a wire/guide that held the plugwire off the manifold. IMO it should NOT touch, wraping will help but if it is touching the heat can conduct thru and still melt/damage the wire. I was thinking warp the plug wire and wrap that piece of the header, its stainless so the wrap should not eat the header??