Cape Cod Rally

Attending Cape Cod Rally  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• I'm down for the overnight! Party!
    • I'd show for the day for some lunch!
    • I'd love to go, but Cape Cod is so far away...
    • I'd do it, but I've got some other lame excuse...

Okay, so I've been thinking about it, and I've got the ability to host an event cape cod, either at my place of work: Cape Cod Sea Camps, or at my friend's motel: Captain's Quarters. I am leaning more towards the Captain's Quarters because I doubt most of you would want to overnight or eat at a children's summer campground... The CQ could give us bedding, food (meals if necessary, and free continental breakfast), and allows alcohol on grounds (which I think is a must for you overnighters).

For those of you who don't know, Cape Cod is a vacation destination. In the summer the population of each town (at least) quadruples. It has great scenery, lots of little family restaurants, great sports bars, and even a couple of clubs (literally a couple, 2 clubs).

I figure that the general plan would be to arrive, hang out, do some photo shoots, talk shop, and then go out for some lunch. After lunch go on a nice cruise around the towns (with some winding back roads, of course), and then maybe have some dinner, depending on how long you all stayed. I'd like to make a weekend out of it, but there's not much to do around here. There's a pool hall nearby, mini-golfing, lots of places to park and hang out, and loads of people to impress :driving: .

I would set the dates for the meet either towards the end of this season, in October sometime, or early next season, like April-ish, depending on when people can attend or want to do it and whatnot...

I think this would be a great time if we could get a good number of people to go... I'm open to having anyone attend that wants to, and I can get great (cheap cheap cheap!) rates at the CQ... The more people that attend the lower I can get us into the group rate bracket...

Let me know guys, I'd love to be able to organize something... Even if this is just a feeler for a future event, I'm still curious what the turnout would be like...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i'm down for that. this sounds like another weekend that i will be buying another set of tires for though(not that i've done that before hehehe).

I've been looking for going to the cape with the wife, we just havn't made the time and i HATE shopping so it would give her a chance to do her thing while i do mine.

keep us posted, this would be awesome.

UPDATE: I am going up to talk to the manager of the Captain's Quarters Motel tonight (she's a real good friend of mine)... I'm going to see if I can get us into our own wing of the motel for cheap! When this happens I would be planning it for next spring, right abouts when the motel opens back up (dates coming later).

I really want everyone to look at this as more of a vacation, not just a truck show/meet. This would be a great opportunity to take that long deserved road trip/vacation with a bunch of friends... Although there's not much to do on Cape Cod, our population does still x5 in the summer... There's lots of mini-golfing, good sports bars, a pool hall, and tons of places to go for cruises and to park and show off...

I'm also thinking that for everyone who spends the night, we could go down to the beach and have a beach fire and some drinks... yes/no?

I'll put up some tentative information (included estimated dates/rates later tonight...)

UPDATE: I am going up to talk to the manager of the Captain's Quarters Motel tonight (she's a real good friend of mine)... I'm going to see if I can get us into our own wing of the motel for cheap! When this happens I would be planning it for next spring, right abouts when the motel opens back up (dates coming later).

I really want everyone to look at this as more of a vacation, not just a truck show/meet. This would be a great opportunity to take that long deserved road trip/vacation with a bunch of friends... Although there's not much to do on Cape Cod, our population does still x5 in the summer... There's lots of mini-golfing, good sports bars, a pool hall, and tons of places to go for cruises and to park and show off...

I'm also thinking that for everyone who spends the night, we could go down to the beach and have a beach fire and some drinks... yes/no?

I'll put up some tentative information (included estimated dates/rates later tonight...)

Great idea, Alex. I've never been to Cape Cod. This year would be tough for me, but next spring? That would be a great way to kick off the warm weather. :thumbs:

Great idea, Alex. I've never been to Cape Cod. This year would be tough for me, but next spring? That would be a great way to kick off the warm weather. :thumbs:

:withstupid: Yeah i'm with Hank on this one....between now and New Years is a real busy time for me. :chevy: