Cape Cod Rally

Attending Cape Cod Rally  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• I'm down for the overnight! Party!
    • I'd show for the day for some lunch!
    • I'd love to go, but Cape Cod is so far away...
    • I'd do it, but I've got some other lame excuse...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, so UPDATE:

I'm actually using the computer at the place we'd be staying right now... The manager asked for numbers and I blurted out between 20 and 30 (rooms, not necessarily people...). I'd be pretty f'n psyched to have that many people show up for the night!!!

Campfires: My workplace is all about allowing us to use the grounds for a campfire (we'd have to buy insurance for the grounds and a small price per person, not much at all though). We might even get brunch out of them the next morning for a small fee... Oh, and no drinking during the campfire (I know it sucks and we'd prolly do it anyways and as long as we're good about it it'll be fine...)

As far as rates go, cheapest time of the year is apparently June (I was aiming more towards March/April, which we can still do depending on what everyone's schedule is like). Pretty much any time before July 4th the rates are pretty low... Rooms here are normally $80 a night, but with the group rate and my superspecial discount I can get us in for $60 a night (maybe lower if I really try and wax it)...

So basically, how does June work for everyone? I would need solid yes/no by about February, and since this would basically be going all on my MasterCard, I think I'd like to set up down-payments as well (nothing steep, just a room cover and maybe some other nonsense)...

I plan on stopping by my dealer and seeing if they want to set up a car show for us, and also saying hi to a local coffee shop owner (in a very high traffic section of town) about another car show... Just simple stuff, pull in, pop hoods, show off, and then go drive around some more... Draws attraction to us, the business, and it's just plain old fun!!!

I'm on the up and up with some restaurants as well, so I'll see if any of them would accomodate 20-30 of us with enough notice (shouldn't be a problem)...

Again I would want this meet to be seen more as a vacation (think weekend get-a-way), other than just a meet... Obviously not everyone would want to overnight, but think of it this way: The more people that sign up for the full program, the cheaper it is for everyone else, and you don't have to drive home tired and w/o dinner or bon-fire experience... You'll never forgive yourself for missing a bonfire when we all come on the forum and rant about how good our clothes smell!!

Okay, enough of the update, let me know what you all think, I'm open to anything and would be happy to make changes and work out anything in the schedule, just let me know and I'll work on it... I'm hoping for a really good turn-out so spread the word about this thread! If I don't get at least one person from PA and ME (you know who you are) I'll be pretty upset!!

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

June would definetly be Tourist Season on the Cape, way too much traffic ....

I am usually down to the Four Points Sheraton the last week of May each year for a conference.

So, May or even April will be good. Also the golf course in Hyannis is really good ... $65.00 for 18 holes and a cart.

..... You taking all the "Newcomers" to the Cape on a P-Town run?!?!?!?!? So they can "Climatize" to the area!!!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

June would definetly be Tourist Season on the Cape, way too much traffic ....

I am usually down to the Four Points Sheraton the last week of May each year for a conference.

So, May or even April will be good. Also the golf course in Hyannis is really good ... $65.00 for 18 holes and a cart.

..... You taking all the "Newcomers" to the Cape on a P-Town run?!?!?!?!? So they can "Climatize" to the area!!!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

I'm leaning towards April right now, just need to get updated rates from all of my people...

I can get everyone (that wants to) in to the course at my golf resort for much cheaper than $65, and we can get lots of carts (bumper cars?)...

Yeah sure!!! Let's go see the P-Town monument!! I'll stay at my house, you guys can go and have fun, tell me all about it when you get back!!! :crackup:

I'm leaning towards April right now, just need to get updated rates from all of my people...

I can get everyone (that wants to) in to the course at my golf resort for much cheaper than $65, and we can get lots of carts (bumper cars?)...

Yeah sure!!! Let's go see the P-Town monument!! I'll stay at my house, you guys can go and have fun, tell me all about it when you get back!!! :crackup:

I might be up for a round of golf. I could be the comic relief! :happysad: