Drop in truck = Drop in Ride quality?

Eyedrive04SS

Quik,

Thanks for the info. Pardon my ignorance, but what is the DJM kit and caltracs? Thanks for the continued help.

Mike

DJM is a company that makes suspension products, can be found in stylin concepts

caltracs are a product from Calvert racing. they put pressure against the spring to prevent axle wrap

I just did the Mcgaughy's 2/3.5 kit this weekend and I have 24"s wrapped with 305/35/24R tires. I have to say the truck looks killer now. The rear sits perfect but when I go get my alignment I'm gonna see if they can can give my torsion bars a couple turns in the front to get it maybe 1" lower. The ride is a little rough goin over bumps or dips in the road but other than that its well worth it.

post-10231-1190045936_thumb.jpg

I just did the Mcgaughy's 2/3.5 kit this weekend and I have 24"s wrapped with 305/35/24R tires. I have to say the truck looks killer now. The rear sits perfect but when I go get my alignment I'm gonna see if they can can give my torsion bars a couple turns in the front to get it maybe 1" lower. The ride is a little rough goin over bumps or dips in the road but other than that its well worth it.

post-10231-1190045936_thumb.jpg

Punkdss,

Looks great man. That is roughly the set up I was considering and it is nice to see a pic. I am curious to see what you think after the torsion bar adjustment. Will you please post more pics after that is done? I would love to see the truck from a straight on side view to see the stance even better. Did you do the kit yourself? If so, how did it go. Again, it looks great and thanks for the help.

Mike

punkdss,

Sorry, forgot to ask if you have any rubbing issues with that set up? Thanks again.

Mike

I'll post pics from a straight side view stance after I get my alignment tomorrow. The only rubbing issues I hear is when I'm in reverse with the wheel turned all the way. Other than that I don't hear any rubbing when I'm doing a u-turn. When its parked I can turn the wheel all the way and its like a millimeter away from touching the wheelwell. I had a shop put the kit on for me but not after getting quoted for 8hours in labor and over $500 from 2 different shops. The shop that did it for charged me 4 hours of labor totaling $260. I'll probably be investing in some shocks here soon. It takes speed bumps pretty rough now.

Edited by punkdSS (see edit history)

I'll post pics from a straight side view stance after I get my alignment tomorrow. The only rubbing issues I hear is when I'm in reverse with the wheel turned all the way. Other than that I don't hear any rubbing when I'm doing a u-turn. When its parked I can turn the wheel all the way and its like a millimeter away from touching the wheelwell. I had a shop put the kit on for me but not after getting quoted for 8hours in labor and over $500 from 2 different shops. The shop that did it for charged me 4 hours of labor totaling $260. I'll probably be investing in some shocks here soon. It takes speed bumps pretty rough now.

Thanks for the info on labor. I will look forward to seeing those pics. What kind of shocks are you going to do? Thanks.

hey whats your email address so I can send you some pics? The place I got my alignment done at said that the front was pretty much as low as it can go already. They said that there was only about 5 threads left. So I guess unless I order a torsion key lowering kit for the front this is as low as I'm going to get.

post-10231-1190587654_thumb.jpg

Ive got a mcgaughys 2/3 drop - spindles in the front and shackles in the rear. Just this past week, I added the firestone sport rite air bag system and I love it!!! The ride is great, plus, it raises the rear of the truck up so the ass end isnt sitting lower than the front, which I CANT STAND! Also, I wont ever have to worry about hauling stuff around, including my boat. The bags can hold and support up to 3200 pounds in the bed too. Ill never sag or bottom out again. For approximately $320 from summit racing including the compressor and switch kit, and about 4 hours of your time, its completely worth it!!!

hyperliteSS

Sounds like that is something I need to look into. I tow a boat and other stuff pretty often. Your rear sat lower than the front with the mcgaughy 2/3.5? Is that with a load or trailer hooked up or just regular stance? I have not heard anyone saying the front sat too high. Did you consider having the torsion bars turned down?