New hobby being taken wayy too far!

r8rs4lf

Anyone ever get into a new hobby and it end up taking over your life?

It's happening to me right now. I've been in the market for some really nice Schwinn cruisers (single speed and 5 speed) for the wife and I to ride with our daughter. It's probably been about a week and a half that I have been looking on Ebay. I already have three 1980's 5 speed cruisers, one 1980 single speed womens cruiser and a 1972 Schwinn trike that looks like it rolled of the showroom floor. I still have yet to pick one of them up.

It's getting a little out of hand now. The problem is that everytime I get a new one, a better one pops up! The first 5 speed cruiser I bought for my wife will probably go up for sale since I found her a nice single speed womens cruiser. I now own two chestnut brown 5 speed cruisers.

Oh well, money is made to be spent right? Ebay is the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, blame ebay! :lol:

EDIT: a hobby that over took my life a few years ago was my remote control 84" cigarette racing boat. i've got twin 72cc (14.8hp each) engines in it which cost just a little over $6000 and the rest which totals over $4000.

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

For me it would be bass fishing. Champion201 Bass Boat, way to many G-Loomis GLX Rods with Abu Morrum SX reels and enough tackle to open my own tackle shop, as the wife would say. Heck, I purchased a 4 bedroom house so I could have a room just for my fishing tackle. What obsession?

Anyone ever get into a new hobby and it end up taking over your life?

It's happening to me right now. I've been in the market for some really nice Schwinn cruisers (single speed and 5 speed) for the wife and I to ride with our daughter. It's probably been about a week and a half that I have been looking on Ebay. I already have three 1980's 5 speed cruisers, one 1980 single speed womens cruiser and a 1972 Schwinn trike that looks like it rolled of the showroom floor. I still have yet to pick one of them up.

It's getting a little out of hand now. The problem is that everytime I get a new one, a better one pops up! The first 5 speed cruiser I bought for my wife will probably go up for sale since I found her a nice single speed womens cruiser. I now own two chestnut brown 5 speed cruisers.

Oh well, money is made to be spent right? Ebay is the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atleast your wife is in on it. I always have to lie to her on how much money I spend on my R/C car,quads and the SS

I had that problem with atv's,I have 4 sport quads and a dirtbike just for me,but since I have moved into town I don't get to ride as much.so now I have a dirtbike and 4 quad's and only one of them doesn't have dust on it(the YFZ 450).I also have that problem with tools,and my car that hasn't moved in a few years,but I still manage to buy parts for it every month. and then there's this truck that I have.......