A/C Help

lewis

I hooked up my Volant CAI today and when i reconnected the negative terminal and got in to see the difference i turned on the ac and the passenger side works fine and blows cold but the driver side and rear center console vents are blowing hot as hell? :banghead: The compressor is kicking on and working fine. The digital reads 60 degrees for both sides. It is frustrating the hell out of me anyone ever have this issue or now how to fix it. Any info is appreciated.

thats odd for it to just go like that, try disconnecting the (-) again for a little and see what happens maybe?

Actually about to try that right now.

I hooked up my Volant CAI today and when i reconnected the negative terminal and got in to see the difference i turned on the ac and the passenger side works fine and blows cold but the driver side and rear center console vents are blowing hot as hell? :banghead: The compressor is kicking on and working fine. The digital reads 60 degrees for both sides. It is frustrating the hell out of me anyone ever have this issue or now how to fix it. Any info is appreciated.

same thing happened to me about a month ago. i replaced the a/c cycling switch gm#89040632/ac delco #15-50156 ($40 at the dealership). at first it only worked sporadically, but now it works fine. i do not if that was the culpritt, but it works fine now.it is located on the side of the dryer(the cylinder things that gets cold) easy to replace. (not really sure that is what it is called)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did just what urs is doing. The dealer had to replace an actuating motor under the dash on top of the a/c case (under warranty). Then do a relearn proceedure. I was on a 2 hour roadtrip in the Texas summer HEAT when might did this, talk about PISSED!! :mad:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Mine did the same thing too. I had changed the battery a couple of days ago, and the ac started acting crazy. The driver side would blow hot, and the passenger side would blow cold. It did it for a couple hours, and then stop. :confused: If it does it again, I'm going straight to the dealer. The only reason I didn't go then, was because I didn't want to look stupid. You know, hear their favorite sentence... "Well sir, everthing looks fine on the truck now, we couldn't find the problem".