Installing Arp Rod Bolts

Holty

I did this last night, took me about 4hrs but it wasn't difficult at all. Piece of mind is worth it and on a boosted application has much more stress at 6k+ rpm's than n/a motors. Thanks chpspecial for the details in your post, that helped me out alot.

Good deal. Now write up a how to with pics for the rest of us lol :jester:

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

krambo and chpspecial has the how to pretty much covered and there was no way i was taking my brand new digi cam down there on the garage floor with me while i was working. greasy hands, plus lots of sweat = no good for digi cams lol.

Nice work Josh. You have to expand on your install experience with this though :lol: Details? Did you take pics?

I agree, Piece of mind is what I was looking at too. When I did it, I was shifting at 6500.

I pretty much just read everything i could find about installing them and went at it one bolt at a time. It was much easier than i expected but i was expecting it to be a very big pita. The rod bolts came with torque specs which i followed to the "T", which i believe was something like Torqued the bolt to 40ft/lbs, loosen, torque to 40ft/lbs, loosen then torque to 40ft/lbs one last time. I did have to unbolt the diff and move it slightly but that did not give me any hassles. the steering trick though really came in handy.