Dyno Tuned The Camaro Ss

04CHASE

.justin. was down this way these past few days for some dyno tuning. so i went down yesterday to watch him dyno tune a few trucks ( blown scsb with a 6.0 swap, a tbss with lt's , a blown 4.8(laynlow) , and a stock 5.3 CC) and today i deceided to take the camaro down to see what he could do with it. and what kind of sucked was we couldnt get much more power out of it. i had already added one degree of timing and we got one more out of it and thats about it. afr was good i beleive we gave it a bit more fuel but the good part is it made some pretty impressive # for a almost all stock camaro .

mods are , slp loudmouth exhaust, slp cai with relocated iat, msd wires, 160 stat, 4.10 gears.

dyno pull was in 4th (1-1) gear.

here is the sheet.

DSC00908.jpg

max hp 325

max tq 350

now to see what it will do on a cooler day in the 1320

Definitely a fun car there. Now, if only your truck was on the rollers, that would have been a good time. Maybe next time. :thumbs:

After seeing the correction factor for the weather, I contacted the 383 tahoe owner and gave him the new numbers. He recalculated the d/a there and, assuming 24% driveline loss, his 383 gained 33hp over the assumed 345hp on the stock 5.7L tune.

Planning on taking it to the track anytime soon?

definatly , it will be mid october, hopefully run it with the truck . im hoping for high 12's low 13's with the maro and some uh better # with the truck.

definatly , it will be mid october, hopefully run it with the truck . im hoping for high 12's low 13's with the maro and some uh better # with the truck.

Bring your cars up to Famoso! That would be nice to watch!