My First Truck- 03 Sss- Critique My Plans Experts

Turbocoop

well there are a good number of sss with sts turbos, but how many of them have actually gone to the track? i have been on this board for quite a while now and have yet to see track proven results. not knockin on sts, i'm just waiting to see an SS with one kill the 1320. beserk and i cant remember the others, but they have em n are making good dyno numbers. Personally i'd like a front mount just cuz i like lookin under the hood haha.

Welcome to the board!

Oh n forget the 4 banger n stick the rb26 in it! haha ;P

I dont care about the company I just dont like the idea of having a turbo mounted under the car- its wet down there, the oil pump will have to work way harder, its a lot more piping and fab work, it wont spool as fast, the kit will weigh a bunch more....... Just about the only positive thing I can think of is that it will keep under hood temps down. Im gonna get the Nelson kit for $4K and make my own pipes and add an intercooler and make some heat shiels for the engine bay. No big deal. Im just not really a supercharger guy coming from owning 2 turbod cars.

I put on my flowmaster and corsa tip last night. It sounds good, kinda loud in the lower rpms but it quiets down over like 3K. Im blacking out my taillights tonight, they're in the garage drying right now. Ill get some pics of everything when I can

Heres my 240sx- its not quite ready for the street yet buts its gonna have some balls- black top SR20 with top mount SC61 @ 17psi...491728069_36452065c6.jpg

Nice...I'm a 240SX guy myself...I bought the SS as a daily driver, and to (occasionally) tow my S14 to the track (road course, not drag strip).

My KA-T setup is at ~338rwhp at 12psi right now...

Are you on any of the big 240SX forums? I frequent FreshAlloy.com, and Zilvia.net.

Check out my website for info on my S14, if you're interested: http://www.KA24DEvelopment.com

Enjoy the SSS! - Brian

Edited by orion :: SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I havent been on any of the forums in a while. I havent even had time to mess with it for months... All my tools are at work so I cant really do anything. All I need to do to get it running is hook up the heater hoses in the back, put on the oil pan- and I need to get a weird looking banjo bolt for the PS pump that I cant seem to find anywhere. After that its all body work...

• 2 weeks later...
I havent been on any of the forums in a while. I havent even had time to mess with it for months... All my tools are at work so I cant really do anything. All I need to do to get it running is hook up the heater hoses in the back, put on the oil pan- and I need to get a weird looking banjo bolt for the PS pump that I cant seem to find anywhere. After that its all body work...

For your Lowering Kit, I would Look to McGaughy.com they are in the know on 4wd drops. Spindle, Shackle, hanger kit.

I got the lowering kit on, it took about 6.5 hours to do total. I also installed the energy suspension sway bar bushings and end links. Heres what I put on: the front is 2" drop spindles and belltech nitro drop shocks, I also turned the torsion key bolt a few times, and I drilled a bunch of holes in the front bump stop thing. The back is DJM shackles and hangers and nitro drop 2 shocks. I forgot to measure it before but now it sits and exactly 33.25" to the top of the fender in the front and 33.5" in the back. Feel free to ask any questions if you plan on lowering yours Ill be glad to help, it was really a lot easier than I thought it would be- I didnt even have to drop the gas tank all the way out.

before-

1332574321_54ed32dcfe.jpg

after-

1507407562_ade99aabab.jpg

1507413666_fe1aea0d80.jpg

1506557719_d2210e681a.jpg

1506554171_3886fb0c99.jpg

I put on my flowmaster and corsa tip too

1507404782_73a3a9a26f.jpg

A bunch of people said it looked like a cop truck cause it was all blacked out with black wheels when it was higher. Now I like it a lot better. The spindles are belltech I think, I dont even remember cause I didnt look at the instructions much and I threw the boxes away as soon as I finished everything. I got em for like $240 shipped I can find the site if you want...