Celebrities

wody

i don't know if this bugs the crap out of anybody else but me, but i can't stand gossip magazines, mtv reality shows or any reality show about some ones life. i could honestly give a crap about what happened on "the hills" for example, simply because they don't care about what happens in your life. i thinks its just sad that some people have developed such an obsession over somebody else's life that they have to talk about it like it is really affecting their life. whatever, i'll crawl back in my hole and live my own life now.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

i don't know if this bugs the crap out of anybody else but me, but i can't stand gossip magazines, mtv reality shows or any reality show about some ones life. i could honestly give a crap about what happened on "the hills" for example, simply because they don't care about what happens in your life. i thinks its just sad that some people have developed such an obsession over somebody else's life that they have to talk about it like it is really affecting their life. whatever, i'll crawl back in my hole and live my own life now.

:withstupid: I hear ya man, I feel the same way. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about what is happening in Hollywood so on and so forth. Add tabloid TV to your list also........

amen brother!!!

I had a roommate that was all into it. I would come home from work and she would be in the living room on my couch watching my 52" tv everynight (i think i had this rant before) watching every reality and gossip show on. not to mention oprah and soaps that she dvr'd during the day. that was the biggest drawback to working till 7pm everynight. She would get home a couple hours before me and take over. Not to mention, there were gossip mags all over the place. If I wanted to watch a game, I basically had to go to my bedroom, or go to a bar, which became almost a nightly occurance since baseball is one everynight.

I don't care about any of that crap. I know it makes money. Just look at Barbara Walters. She used to be a serious news reporter that had a knack for an occasional hard hitting, celebrity breakdown interview. How many did she make cry? Now she joined in on it cuz she realized that's where the money is. That and America's obsessive materialistic short attention span.

The people who watch all that get all wrapped up wishing they had that but then as quickly as someone is built up, we love to tear em down when they fall.

Well - then turn that shit off!!!

Mr. P. :)

I hear that! I get so pissed when somebody says that "this TV show is offensive" or "that radio show is awful" and should be taken off the air. If you don't like it CHANGE THE CHANNEL. Ratings will eventually kill whatever the most people aren't watching or listening to. If I don't like it, I don't bother with it.

Well - then turn that shit off!!!

Mr. P. :)

i do!!! im talking about the people who talk about it to their friends. that is what this is all about, not about the shows but the fact that people care so much about what is going on in celebrities lives whereas celebrities don't give a shit about them.

... but the fact that people care so much about what is going on in celebrities lives whereas celebrities don't give a shit about them.

OK, now that's a subject I can get into. :thumbs: Old saying: narrow-minded people talk about themselves, small minded people talk about others; open-minded people discuss ideas and concepts. Or something to that effect. My personal take on it - don't get all worked-up over what other people think, if they want to throw away their lives by day-dreaming what it would be like to live the life of someone else then let 'em. The scary thing IMO is realizing just how many people in the world do this rather than live their own lives on their own terms and blaze their own life paths.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

OK, now that's a subject I can get into. :thumbs: Old saying: narrow-minded people talk about themselves, small minded people talk about others; open-minded people discuss ideas and concepts. Or something to that effect. My personal take on it - don't get all worked-up over what other people think, if they want to throw away their lives by day-dreaming what it would be like to live the life of someone else then let 'em. The scary thing IMO is realizing just how many people in the world do this rather than live their own lives on their own terms and blaze their own life paths.

Mr. P.

I think I read that in People magazine! :jester:

My personal take on it - don't get all worked-up over what other people think, if they want to throw away their lives by day-dreaming what it would be like to live the life of someone else then let 'em.

The scary thing IMO is realizing just how many people in the world do this rather than live their own lives on their own terms and blaze their own life paths.

Mr. P.

good point, i think the worst part is that the demographic for these shows is probably teenage girls, which gets them started on someone else's life early. kind of off topic, but i would hate to be a teacher now-a-days and get an essay turned in with a bunch of acronyms used on the entire paper. 4 real.

F-