3-in-1 Post

For those that don't know what a foam gun is, its an attachment for your hose or pressure washer that is purpose built to use concentrated car soaps. It basically shoots a 20' stream of dense foam onto your truck. Why would someone want this? Simple... the soap encapsulates deposits/dirt/debris and protects the paint. You follow up with a SAFE mit (sheep skin or MF) and greatly reduce your chances of introducing new swirls to your paint... Not to mention its just damn fun to use and saves me a ton of time!!

I didn't get any action shots b/c... well... I was holding the foam gun so my hands were full.

Couple of shots of the foam shortly after it was sprayed on:

CooPix0105.jpg

CooPix0106.jpg

Heres an action shot to give you an idea... and again... its fun and serves a purpose :D

yhst-33883463985110_1964_1018485.jpg

FWIW this was also my first time using Optimums Car Wash Concentrate and I was very impressed... great foaming even without the gun, high level of lubricity. Very good car wash soap for anyone who is looking.

Now on to the cleaned up shots... this is with nothing other than a wash/dry/dressings. Last detail I did on the TBSS was a month ago with Adams Fine Machine Polish and Machine Super Wax... gloss and depth have remained after a couple of washes. Great products for anyone with a black vehicle.

CooPix0109.jpg

CooPix0112.jpg

CooPix0111.jpg

And lastly my new badge overlays... black will be a reoccurring theme in my future mods as well :D

MMMMM... look at all that fabulous factory orange peel :(

CooPix0107.jpg

CooPix0108.jpg

CooPix0110.jpg

CooPix0113.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

he blew a load on the tbss.... :crackup:

i will see you next weekend! hopefully...

Dude you just reminded me of the movie "Who Fingered Freddie" with Tom Green and the Elephant :puke:

The TBSS looks great by the way :thumbs:

This isn't a knock or anything .... but it seems like it wastes a lot of soap. But I suppose soap is cheap ( relatively speaking ) and it probably does a good job of knocking off the easy stuff and soaking into the harder stuff.

so where do you pic one of these up and whats it cost...if ya dont mind me askin?

you can get the foam gun from chris at glimmer glass detailing over on gmfullsize.com. i picked one up about a week ago there was a group buy on them i cant wait to use mine hopefully this weekend if the rain holds off.

so where do you pic one of these up and whats it cost...if ya dont mind me askin?

I second that, now I'm curious too.

As was posted Chris at www.GlimmerGlassDetailing.com

Regular price is $57.99 I believe, but hes putting another GB together over there... I think the final price for it was $45 with the GB... hell of a price for a quality detailing tool.

he blew a load on the tbss.... :crackup:

i will see you next weekend! hopefully...

Don't worry... I'll blow a load on your truck too... how do you think I get that special shine out of the paint :jester:

This isn't a knock or anything .... but it seems like it wastes a lot of soap. But I suppose soap is cheap ( relatively speaking ) and it probably does a good job of knocking off the easy stuff and soaking into the harder stuff.

The gun comes with about 15 different metering valves so you could literally cut your soap flow down to next to nothing if you wanted... it all comes down to striking a balance... don't want to use too much soap, but you don't want to sacrifice lubricity, or cleaning power... I used a fairly high setting for this first test and went thru A LOT of soap... now that I know how fast it uses the soap with this valve I can adjust accordingly... first couple of times are going to be experimenting with the flow to find the right mixture.

looks sweet.love the black SS's. i hope your ready for some work man, the maro is lookin durrtyyy!!!

Good... I need a good test for this OCW... the TBSS was really dusty, but not dirty... can't wait to see how it emulsifies on a really dirty surface... if you want to hang around for a little bit I'd like to use the maro as a subject of an indepth how to... I need someone to take pics and notes while I work.

Dylan- Have you ever though about wetsanding your TBSS to get rid of the orange peel? You would probably need to reshoot the clear coat afterwards .. but it would look like a mirror !!

Actually wouldn't need to reshoot the clear... if you do it right you can buff it back to perfect, but that takes a rotary... I'm contemplating taking that next leap and getting a rotary buffer... then I can literally correct any surface problem. I just need to get the nerve up to buy one and try it, theres such a small margin for error working with one, if you **** up you are REALLY ****ed... as in repainting a car b/c you buffed right thru the paint.... I also think I'm gonna invest in a paint ultrasound depth meter... not a good idea to go sanding down your finish unless you're sure you've got enough clear left to sand without hitting pigment.