3-in-1 Post

Actually wouldn't need to reshoot the clear... if you do it right you can buff it back to perfect, but that takes a rotary... I'm contemplating taking that next leap and getting a rotary buffer... then I can literally correct any surface problem. I just need to get the nerve up to buy one and try it, theres such a small margin for error working with one, if you **** up you are REALLY ****ed... as in repainting a car b/c you buffed right thru the paint.... I also think I'm gonna invest in a paint ultrasound depth meter... not a good idea to go sanding down your finish unless you're sure you've got enough clear left to sand without hitting pigment.

Yeah, my brother in law was a painter for a long time and we were talking about wetsanding my SRT8 because the orange peel looks like yours. He said wetsanding a factory paintjob is VERY risky because the clearcoat is so thin, its easy to go through the clear to the actual paint. Most times they just assume that you will need to shoot another clear after wet sanding because even if you dont go through the factory clear, it will be so thin afterwards that it will eventually wear off or not protect the paint much after that.

Back to the foam brush thing... I WANT ONE. The guy should sell on eBay, if he did it would already be sold.

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

Dude you just reminded me of the movie "Who Fingered Freddie" with Tom Green and the Elephant :puke:

The TBSS looks great by the way :thumbs:

It's "Freddie Got Fingered".........the president of my company's name is Freddie, we used to heckle him about it all the time. :lol:

Has anyone tried Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash? Used it a few times lately, no spots.......i'm very impressed.

BTW-TBSS looks great Dylan :thumbs:

It's "Freddie Got Fingered".........the president of my company's name is Freddie, we used to heckle him about it all the time. :lol:

Has anyone tried Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash? Used it a few times lately, no spots.......i'm very impressed.

BTW-TBSS looks great Dylan :thumbs:

Yeah I have been using that ICE stuff- got a huge bottle of it from Costco and have been very impressed with it as well.

But good points on the soap drying thing... now that I think of it I wouldnt want one.. the sun on a black car would dry it up QUICK .. I would still need to use a bucket of soap .. so whats the real point (other than it looking cool and being slightly fun)

Don't you guys ever have cloudy days? I've never had any problems, you don't have to foam the whole truck at once, you can still use it just like you normally would. Just foam 1/2 or a panel.

I seems like the soap would dry on the paint by the time you scrubbed down the whole vehicle?

thats a good point, i have that problem when just hand washing in the sun (which i have no other choice).

You guys must move REALLY slow... it was over 90* and in direct sunlight when I foamed the black f150 I was working on earlier... had plenty of time to foam, let it dwell (about 1.5 minutes) and then aggitate one panel at a time, stopping to rinse the mit in fresh water between each panel and it never came close to drying on the surface.