cladding warps and 03-04 differences

FalconPilot

There have been many posts on the warped body cladding. When I went to North Dakota, and got into below 0 weather, the cladding looked very sick. My first experience with warped cladding.

Has anyone had luck with GM getting warped cladding fixed?

ALSO

There are some questions on if the 04 has different cladding. Anyone know for sure? I guess the 03 mudflaps will not fit on an 04 due to the cladding. There is a post in another section about this, but no answers.

Thanks

Chad

is noticeable (not too bad) on mine...and must apologize b/c i was supposed to ask the GM body shop, when i went by, and forgot :confused: i heard somewhere that the '04s have more support in the cladding and that the Chevy would replace the '03s with the '04 cladding...may be a rumor though.

i don't know if i would want them screwing with it or not. does not look bad and you only open the door up for something to go wrong when messing that kind of thing. the SS is still the best looking truck out there :thumbs:

The only people who notice this warping is us ss owners. So don't tell any of your freinds and they will have no idea until we get a true fix on this. Just live with it because you really only can tell from certain degrees looking at it but to the average eye it looks normal.

The cladding is the plastic part that runs the length of the vehicle. It is the crease along the body as you follow it down from the top. If you look at it right, you can see warping. Much more noticeable on the black truck and less, from what they are saying, on the '04s.

Archived