2003/2004 Shocks

LSR Mike

Ok, 86K miles on the 2003....lot's fo miles towing, I need new shocks. I'm scoping the forum see good Old Bilstein is making a shock for the truck, only back to 2004? I tried the search, way too many shock postings, nothing about a 2003 shock. Oh yeah, stock ride height. I'm using Beltech Nitro 2's on the Mitsubishi race truck , who cares about ride comfort there....Back to the point. is there a difference between 2003/2004? suspension/shocks mounting etc...Does any one have a recommendation for a nice aftermarket shock for a stock height 2003?

Thanks in advance guys....

Ok, 86K miles on the 2003....lot's fo miles towing, I need new shocks. I'm scoping the forum see good Old Bilstein is making a shock for the truck, only back to 2004? I tried the search, way too many shock postings, nothing about a 2003 shock. Oh yeah, stock ride height. I'm using Beltech Nitro 2's on the Mitsubishi race truck , who cares about ride comfort there....Back to the point. is there a difference between 2003/2004? suspension/shocks mounting etc...Does any one have a recommendation for a nice aftermarket shock for a stock height 2003?

I couldn't imagine there would be a difference in 2003 & 2004 models as far as shocks go. :dunno:

I plan to order the Bilsteins soon. I saw that it listed 2004, but I "assumed" '03s and '04s were the same. The part #s are: Front - BE5-C891-H0 (F4-BE5-C891-H0), Rear - BE5-C892-H0 (F4-BE5-C892-H0). This information is from eShocks.com.

the only difference between the 03 form the 04 is that the 03 are 1 year older than the 04....j/k.... i think that they are the same

I plan to order the Bilsteins soon. I saw that it listed 2004, but I "assumed" '03s and '04s were the same. The part #s are: Front - BE5-C891-H0 (F4-BE5-C891-H0), Rear - BE5-C892-H0 (F4-BE5-C892-H0). This information is from eShocks.com.

:withstupid:

yup those are the part # I used. I've had them on for a couple months now and they work great, no problems.

• 3 months later...

Got mine a few months back...they are a HUGE upgrade over stock.

(My SS is also an '03...so have no worries about fitment)

Here's a thread with a little more info, and a few pics / install tips.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...amp;hl=bilstein

- Brian

On the porch this afternoon, interestingly enough, previous pix show the Front shock "accessories" in a bag. Mine are all assembled.

Thanks for the install tip's, I won't be able to comment on the ride difference from stock, I've got 95K on the truck, I've long forgotten what stock feels like, I know anything will be better.

I got my truck back last night with the new Bilsteins (and Baer brakes) installed. The ride is much less bouncy, feels much more under control. I have to take a trip out to Long Island this weekend. One trip down the Belt Parkway will tell the full story, but from what I've seen so far, the ride should be much improved.