3rd Tranny

dont feel bad im on like # 4 or #5 first was stock , 2nd was shift kit and servos, third was built and the converter went out , now im built with a built conveter. should be ok for at least a few more months.

i think im the only one to have the opinion that a 4l65e can be built to handle 600 hp.

how many lbs of boost? I running a 3.0 pulley(7 lbs) with zippy shift kit/servos, TBTC and zippy tuned and so far so good(knock on wood). I've been to the track twice with around 12 or so hard runs and she still holding up. I don't run her hard all the time but I'm not easy on it either. Hopefully mine will hold up till next year.

dont feel bad im on like # 4 or #5 first was stock , 2nd was shift kit and servos, third was built and the converter went out , now im built with a built conveter. should be ok for at least a few more months.

i think im the only one to have the opinion that a 4l65e can be built to handle 600 hp.

:withstupid::seeya:

i bought a 4l65 INSANE model from performabuilt which is fully guaranteed parts and labor for one year, no questions asked and it is rated for 800+hp on their website... you have to buy their custom built TC to get the warranty, which i did... i have a 3000 tc 9.5... the trans i got included the 300m output shaft that was a little extra, but even without it, the warranty is still 1 year no questions asked... and when they rebuild it, the warranty starts over!

i paid $3800 shipped, (output shaft was extra) and they dont even require a core or a core charge... you can sell your core to someone for $150+

I'm with you Chase. It just needs the right parts and to be built by the right person or place.