How To: Washing 101

definitely true. I live in fort lauderdale. I can wash at night because my entire driveway is surrounded by landscaping lights and I do it close to the garage door which has interior and exterior lighting. So Illumination isn't much of an issue for me. I definitely wouldn't do any kind of waxing/detailing at night though. for that i wash early in the morning as you said and then i'll pull it into the garage for the TLC.

ES :flag:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes... washing and drying can be damn near impossible in the sun during the heat of the day. Keep in mind I'm in SoCal so this is an issue for me as well.

I do most, if not all, of my work at about 8am... the position of my garage gives me shade until about 10:00 so I can wash and dry without fear of spotting excessively. I do shy away from working late in the day... my experience is that you never seem to have enough light left to do the job right and if it gets late enough drying can be impossible b/c the water seems to streak more with the lowering temps.

In any event washing in the shade is A MUST but if you have to work in direct sunlight try to work early in the day when the sun isn't as harsh.

dylan, you are the man! now, here's my next question/problem i have for you. You see, I have this curse...whenever I wash my truck within 24 hours it rains. Guaranteed, it never fails. Even during the drought down here in South FL, I figured why not! great time to wash it and it stay clean. low and behold it rained that night. Any suggestions to this curse? Maybe it's just that I wash my truck so well and looks so clean that I make it rain with my skills. lol. for real though, it's a curse. doesn't matter what the forecast is, what the radar shows, etc. etc. I wash SS, it rains..

dylan, you are the man! now, here's my next question/problem i have for you. You see, I have this curse...whenever I wash my truck within 24 hours it rains. Guaranteed, it never fails. Even during the drought down here in South FL, I figured why not! great time to wash it and it stay clean. low and behold it rained that night. Any suggestions to this curse? Maybe it's just that I wash my truck so well and looks so clean that I make it rain with my skills. lol. for real though, it's a curse. doesn't matter what the forecast is, what the radar shows, etc. etc. I wash SS, it rains..

Time to consult a voodoo witch doctor :jester:

I know how you feel... I have the uncanny ability to control the weather with my details... sucks.

......whenever I wash my truck within 24 hours it rains. Guaranteed, it never fails.............doesn't matter what the forecast is, what the radar shows, etc. etc. I wash SS, it rains..

:withstupid: Same crap ahs been happening to me for years now.....either its rain or a bird with diarrhea. :ughdance: