6l80e Trans Getting Closer To Be Able To Transplant

HELL YES! I hope they make the 6L90e work like that... If they make it fairly simple I'll do it... Even if it means swapping over to the E38 PCM and all that fun stuff.... Then I could run some stupid low gears... Hello 600rpms on the highway at 80mph!!!

And holy stupid high numbers batman! ~600ft lbs, straight from GM?! Sounds like that could be built to handle 1000ft lbs without too much trouble...

I'm keeping a close eye on this one...

So basically this requires you to transplant the entire 6.2L and the trans into the vehicle. But since everything else like ABS, electronics, etc. are controlled by the pcm, we might have to lose some of these systems correct? Way to go GM on making nothing compatible...looks like I'm back on the possibilty of a new GMC denali AWD with the 6.2L and a new radix kit!

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

So basically this requires you to transplant the entire 6.2L and the trans into the vehicle. But since everything else like ABS, electronics, etc. are controlled by the pcm, we might have to lose some of these systems correct? Way to go GM on making nothing compatible...looks like I'm back on the possibilty of a new GMC denali AWD with the 6.2L and a new radix kit!

GM sucks :banghead: Hopefully something gets worked out before I invest in a FLT level 5 trans and dreams of a 12 sec SS :devil:

They're like Microsoft. They can't sell new stuff on its own merit, so they obsolete the older stuff so you HAVE to buy new. :shakehead:

in Nov issue of street rodder it has an article from gearstar about tranys. it has the gears to.

4L60 3.06 1.62 1.00 .70

4L80 2.48 1.48 1.00 .75

this thread is about the 6l80 not the 4l80...the 6l80s first is 4.02 i believe...

Anyone know about how easy this would be to swap into a 2007 NBS Silverado with the L76 6.0L?

I want to supercharge the piss out of the engine and would love to stick in a built 6 speed. Wouldn't my wiring harness be nearly the same as the L92/6L80E setup in the Denali since they both use the explicit TCM and ECM?