Whose Tensioner Broke...

SoCalSS

So I switched to a 112.0" and BAM the tensioner was gone today. So any ideas of what I can do to fix this messy tensioner issue. Im staying with the 112.0" Gatorback like most of you are running with the 3.0 pulley.

Suggestions? I need the P/N to the tensioner shown below. Autozone couldnt find it and I have no clue what model truck or car this comes off of. I know they carry DAYCO parts. Another model of tensioner would be helpful if guys have had more success? Thanks ahead of time guys!

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

Ok so the Dayco parts all start with "305" Im thinking 305222? since the back of the tensioner has this number but the Dayco Part # 89222 doesnt come up in Autozones system. Ive read a little and know its a late model ford f150 V6 but what year?

Here is info from another older post

"tensioner part number = 89222

pulley for tensioner # = 89009

Don't forget that the pulley the tensioner comes with is not the right one, you have to buy the pulley too!!"

CD

Yea I saw that info in a post after searching. Unfortunately Autozone doesnt have that part # in their system. All their dayco parts start with "305". So Im going to try my hand at P/N 305222 and see if this works. I dont know why the P/N would be different, but Ill see when I walk into autozone tomorrow morning...

Thanks Cadowns!

Ask them to pull a tensioner for a '97 Ford F150 with the 6 cyl. Cross reference the part numbers, should be the same one.

BTW, welcome to the club. :happysad: I carry a spare with me at all times. I broke 2. All broke on a WOT to around 5K, off the gas and then back on it. The belt has a tendency to "walk" IMO, falling off and then letting the tensioner slam back, snapping it. Some say otherwise.

Ask them to pull a tensioner for a '97 Ford F150 with the 6 cyl. Cross reference the part numbers, should be the same one.

BTW, welcome to the club. :happysad: I carry a spare with me at all times. I broke 2. All broke on a WOT to around 5K, off the gas and then back on it. The belt has a tendency to "walk" IMO, falling off and then letting the tensioner slam back, snapping it. Some say otherwise.

Haha I love the club of having my tensioner break, my tensioner pulley snap...All in the name of speed I guess...

I just wish Autozone could reference 89222 which is the Dayco P/N, but in Autozones system it shows 305222. Hopefully this will help someone if they run into the same issue as me.

Thanks Guys...

Autozone can coss reference it. Their computer system is nly as good as the money running it. Here is a link to the Advance Auto parts website. Autozone's website leaves much to bedesired. Hope this helps...don't forget you need the pulley too unless you found it.

Dave

Autozone can coss reference it. Their computer system is nly as good as the money running it. Here is a link to the Advance Auto parts website. Autozone's website leaves much to bedesired. Hope this helps...don't forget you need the pulley too unless you found it.

Dave

305222 is autozone P/N. I looked at Daycos website and saw the 89222, but i assume the autozone guy was just not as smart as I had hoped. Either way the 305222 is the Autozone P/N for Daycos PN of 89222. I got a stock 6 rib pulley and matched it to one Autozone had in stock (same size and dimensions).

All in all the truck is up in running after an hours work this morning. I just wish someone could find a billet tensioner that would work on our applications.