In Memoriam

Fireman31

As we all know, today marks the 6th anniversary of the attacks on our nation. Today I ask all my fellow members here on SSS.com to take a moment of silence to reflect on our 3,093 fellow Americans who lost their lives that horrific day, and god bless our troops for all they have sacrificed to keep the US safe. Lets keep the troops in our prayers and lets never forget September 11, 2001. :flag:

fdpride2-1.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Memory:

Lieutenant John P. Napolitano FDNY Rescue Co. 2

Firefighter William J. Mahoney Jr. FDNY Rescue Co. 4

Firefighter Peter Brennan FDNY Squad Co. 288

Police Officer Glen K. Pettit NYPD Video Unit

Captain James Amato FDNY Squad Co. 1

All were present or past members of the

Lakeland Fire Department, Ronkonkoma NY

:flag: Rest in Peace Brothers :tear::shakehead:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

To all of my fellow brothers, who have made the ultimate sacrifice, I thank you!

... ... ... ... ...

To my friend and my "Big Brother", Peter M. Goodrich, We miss you, I miss you, the world misses you ...

The Peter Morgan Goodrich foundation .... ... (please read)

Peter is my best friend's, older brother. His life was tragically ended, on September 11, 2001. Peter was a passanger on United Flight #175. This is the second plane to hit the World Trade Center. Peter was the type of guy to care about any and every aspect of your life.

Peter, I know I miss the wrestling matches, the punch on the shoulder and the genuine conversations you and I have both shared.

All is well, but you are sorely missed ...

Instead of dwelling on the life of their son, Sally and Donald have decided to Share their son's life and memory through the foundation. His mother Sally, has opened a school in Afganistan for wonen, in honor of her son.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

In Memory:

Lieutenant John P. Napolitano FDNY Rescue Co. 2

Firefighter William J. Mahoney Jr. FDNY Rescue Co. 4

Firefighter Peter Brennan FDNY Squad Co. 288

Police Officer Glen K. Pettit NYPD Video Unit

Captain James Amato FDNY Squad Co. 1

All were present or past members of the

Lakeland Fire Department, Ronkonkoma NY

Rest in Peace Brothers

Hey Fireman, were all these guys from your dept? Very sad.

I even wore my FDNY Hells Kitchen shirt with 9-11-01 Never forget and in memorian of shirt today!! :flag:

ill be honest...when it first happend....i really didnt think too much of it....BUT i was 14 years old and in 9th grade......i guess it was the "aftermath" that got my attention......seeing 45 cars in a gas station at the same time....and watching gas prices go from $2.30-$4.00 thats when it hit me......i guess it didnt really hit me untill i seen changes at my home town....man i cant believe its been 6 years already......very sad day.

Working in the city that day, a few miles north of the site, was a surreal experience. Other than sirens, there was silence. Not the usual NYC hustle and bustle. I'll always remember that, and the people walking up Park Ave. to Grand Central Station. It was like the old movies of WWII refugees leaving their bombed out homes; dirty from the ash and smoke, quiet, and sad. Only it was NYC and not WWII. I can't accurately describe the feelings we had in the city that day. We will never forget.