Plugs And Wires For Basically Stock 6.0 Lq9

Champion201

Like the title says, I'm wondering if I would benifit from aftermarket plugs and or wires. Yes, I tried the search feature but all I could find concerning upgraded plugs, NGK TR6 and Various plug wires pertained to turbo's and or blowers. Can going with the colder TR6 plugs hurt my motor? Should I wait to get them until I get my Radix in a couple months? What about wires?

Somebody please school me!

Thanks!

Like the title says, I'm wondering if I would benifit from aftermarket plugs and or wires. Yes, I tried the search feature but all I could find concerning upgraded plugs, NGK TR6 and Various plug wires pertained to turbo's and or blowers. Can going with the colder TR6 plugs hurt my motor? Should I wait to get them until I get my Radix in a couple months? What about wires?

Somebody please school me!

Thanks!

The factory wires are not the best, yeah upgrading them is always a positive. Leave the plugs until you get the Radix, then switch to TR6's.

Mr. P.

The factory wires are not the best, yeah upgrading them is always a positive. Leave the plugs until you get the Radix, then switch to TR6's.

Mr. P.

Thanks! Which wires would you suggest and remember I do plan on upgrading in a couple months so I would prefer not having to buy another set at that time.

Thanks! Which wires would you suggest and remember I do plan on upgrading in a couple months so I would prefer not having to buy another set at that time.

I personally would consider the MSD or Taylor Spiro-Pro wires. Remember that if you have the old Dynatech or new OBX header (with the upturned pipe on the driver's side) you'll need a custom cut-to-length set with 45-degree boots.

Mr. P. :)

Thanks guys! I've heard alot of people talk about Taylor ThunderVolts, are they any good? How do they compare to the MDS wires fireman31 mentioned?

BTW I really appreciate you listing the part numbers, THANKS!

Yeah that's a good wire too - Taylor catalog part number for LSx application is 98005 (straight boots).

Tip - dab just a tad of dielectric silicone grease inside the boots or else you won't be able to get them off the plugs months later without destroying the cables!

Anyone try the MotoBlue wires yet? "Near Zero" ohms per foot sounds pretty interesting...

BTW, my MSD wires had some quality issues with regards to the coil end connection. Part of the metal pieces came "untacked" (the part that is supposed to "click" fell off). This happened to 3 wires and had nothing to do with the headers as they did this before I even installed the OBX's...

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Tip - dab just a tad of dielectric silicone grease inside the boots or else you won't be able to get them off the plugs months later without destroying the cables!

and when you do replace your plugs, a little anti seize compound on the plug threads also will make your life a lot happier when you change them again :thumbs:

:seeya: