Torque Specs For Pacesetters?

RacerJJ

Anyone know? My directions didn't say. Also, can I just bolt these things up and go (not talking about welding...I get that part!)? I know that tuning will make them perform "best/better" but will it not run right without a re-tune? I have a BIG race coming up and no time to test before hand so I either need to know exactly what to change in the tune or whether I can deal with it after the event. TIA...

You will set trouble codes for the oxygen sensors after the cats. Yo might want to have someone tell you what you need turned off for those. Other than that, you should ready to rock with open headers or welded up exhaust, which ever you choose. As far as torque specs go, because we have aluminum heads, I would not recommend more than 20-30ft/lbs. Also, I recommend NOT using the provided gaskets, they will leak within 5k miles or less. I used Fel-pro's and have had zero issues in 20k miles.

Also, this is a very important tip. Some of the header bolt holes tap into the heads water jacket. This means coolant. I found out the hard way that we are supposed to put thread sealer (thread locker works best) on the threads of the bolts to make it leak free. I lost about 1/2 gallon of coolant in a weeks time of driving. The leaking coolant corroded and destroyed my plug wires (made them brittle) and corroded my spark plugs as well on the wire side. I had white crusty stuff that limited the plugs spark. Just a heads up.

You will set trouble codes for the oxygen sensors after the cats. Yo might want to have someone tell you what you need turned off for those. Other than that, you should ready to rock with open headers or welded up exhaust, which ever you choose. As far as torque specs go, because we have aluminum heads, I would not recommend more than 20-30ft/lbs. Also, I recommend NOT using the provided gaskets, they will leak within 5k miles or less. I used Fel-pro's and have had zero issues in 20k miles.

Also, this is a very important tip. Some of the header bolt holes tap into the heads water jacket. This means coolant. I found out the hard way that we are supposed to put thread sealer (thread locker works best) on the threads of the bolts to make it leak free. I lost about 1/2 gallon of coolant in a weeks time of driving. The leaking coolant corroded and destroyed my plug wires (made them brittle) and corroded my spark plugs as well on the wire side. I had white crusty stuff that limited the plugs spark. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the info! My o2's are already deleted due to my gutted cats. Do I use that thread locker on all of the holes? I have to run mufflers unfortunately to stay in my class with the NHRA. I already thought about the cheap gaskets and bought some Stock GM Gaskets (the metal ones).

i didnt use any thread locker and i never retightend the bolts either, and i got well over 10k on'em. just give them a good tight tug and youll be fine :thumbs: with out a tune i think you will be running lean

Even with my agressive timing and leaded gas? I'm pretty sure I'm a little rich right now just based on smell. I'm changing my plugs along with this install so I guess that'll tell me.

Even with my agressive timing and leaded gas? I'm pretty sure I'm a little rich right now just based on smell. I'm changing my plugs along with this install so I guess that'll tell me.

run that tune with the LT's and see if you like it maybe the tune will be fine

run that tune with the LT's and see if you like it maybe the tune will be fine

Unfortunately, that's the only choice I really have unless I try to tune it on the street which is especially dangerous since I'm not registerd! I may decide to go to Vegas on the 29th in which case I'll try it there.