Need To Get The Shakes Out Asap!

SSThunder

OK. When I first take the SS out for a drive it is shaking quiet a bit. This stops after a few mins of driving and isn't that bad after that. I've got a 2" belltech drop spindles up front and 2" belltech drop shackles in the back. The shake got better after the front end aligment but the shop turned the torsion key bolts because the front was almost stock height after the front end alignment. So I turned them back to lower the front back down and now it shakes more. I didn't jack up the front when I turned the keys so I'm wondering if jacking up the front will help fix my problem? When I had my front end alignment the guy said my front driver side tire was lumpy(brand new tires and rims). I moved the tire/rim to the rear so I was wondering if this could also be the problem. It seems like after I drive the truck a little the tires warm up and the problem almost goes away. This shaking is driving me crazy so please help me fix it

mine does this too first thing in the morning when i get on the expressway. it only happens between 40-50 mph for a few seconds then goes away. ive been living with it for a while. i figure it has something to do with cranking the torsion bolts. :confused:

mine does this too first thing in the morning when i get on the expressway. it only happens between 40-50 mph for a few seconds then goes away. ive been living with it for a while. i figure it has something to do with cranking the torsion bolts. :confused:

Did you crank yours when the front end was on the groud? I think MrP told me the front needs to be up in the air when doing this and of course mine was on the ground so maybe that's part of my problem. I wonder if I put her up on jack stands if that would help fix the shaking?

i dont have any shaking issues...but mine keeps pulling.....paid almost 80 bucks for a front end alignment and it still pulls....rotated the front tires to the back. it helped alot but it still has a slight pull to the right.....and it drives me F*CK*** CRAZY!

Usually when I've had a problem like this it's because there's a radial belt broken inside the tire. :dunno:

I'll have to check my "lumpy" tire. I was thinking of replacing it anyway. I've got to get this fixed some time because it's driving me crazy. My SS isn't a DD but it will be when I start working from home because I'm going sell my current DD.

Mine used to vibrate like that, only on certain pavement. I would drive over the same pavement a few times to see if it is indeed cool/out-of-round tires causing it, or that particular pavement.

I put a steering stabilizer on mine and it cured it... I used a Skyjacker kit made for a lifted truck, so I had to cut/weld a bracket, but it was well worth the effort! I'm pretty sure someone makes a stabilizer for the stock height 4x4 that should work, but I got the one I used at a discount so I didn't mind the fabrication work. Good luck gents!

UPDATE: I took the SS in yesterday to have all 4 wheels balanced and the front end aligned and it helped out quiet a bit. I still get a little vibration but I think that's from my "lumpy" rear wheel. The same alignment shop said I had a tire that was "lumpy" so I guess my next action will be to replace that tire. No doubt it is causing the little shake that I still have. The tires are only a few months old so maybe I can get the tire replaced under warranty :dunno:

If you bought the tires new from a shop take it back to them and make em do a road force test with thier balancing machine. If it is out of spec the machine will tell them and they should replace it for free cause the factory warranties the tires and I dont think they would lose any money on the deal. Ive had to do it (-warranty tires) a few times at work. If they wanna be dicks about it they will try not to give you one though cause my old boss was a tightass and never wanted to give people warrantied tires...