Front O2's

RacerJJ

The first O2's are essential to engine performance. They monitor your STFT and LTFT's. This information dictates how much fuel to add or reduce.

So a wide band or an air/fuel ratio monitor has no business in those holes, correct?

I'm pretty sure that if you set up your truck to run on open loop all the time, the front O2 sensors will not be used since there is no need for the PCM to make corrections using STFT or LTFT. I would only recomend this if you have a wideband O2 and have tuned your ve table.

As I said in your other thread - the WB O2 sensor replaces the factory front O2 sensor. And yes you must keep the front O2 sensors for the PCM to fuel the engine correctly. It's the rears that are the converter/smog monitors...

Mr. P.

As I said in your other thread - the WB O2 sensor replaces the factory front O2 sensor. And yes you must keep the front O2 sensors for the PCM to fuel the engine correctly. It's the rears that are the converter/smog monitors...

Mr. P.

Ok, thanks. So if I decide to get 2 WB's, they'll replace the fronts? My rears are unplugged and out of the car. Do think I should have bungs added into the pipes of my new exhaust if the WB replaces the fronts? Thanks...