HP ratings in the Middle East

99Xtreme

This might sound stupid but I had nothing to do today at work I surfed the net and checked out Chevrolet.com over in the far east,check out these HP ratings and explain to me why all of the motors in the Silverado except the DMAX have such better ratings then here in the states. :smash:

Maybe they don't have to be so strict over there with fuel economy and could gain a few more ponies that way. I browsed the site and couldn't find any mpg ratings. Of course that is where most of the crude oil is, don't think they would be worried about a gas shortage would they... :P:D ..I wonder how much a gallon of gas is over there..hmmmm.. :crazy:

Did you notice that they have a Caprice SS over there?

http://www.gmarabia.com/chevrolet_cars/cap.../caprice_ss.htm

capriceSS.jpg

5.7 V8 putting out 325 HP and weighing in at 3713 lbs That makes it about a 14 sec ET in stock trim. Not bad. I bet they could sell a few of those over here. :chevy::flag:

Did you notice that they have a Caprice SS over there?

http://www.gmarabia.com/chevrolet_cars/cap.../caprice_ss.htm

capriceSS.jpg

5.7 V8 putting out 325 HP and weighing in at 3713 lbs That makes it about a 14 sec ET in stock trim. Not bad. I bet they could sell a few of those over here. :chevy::flag:

What do u think of that Lumina SS?

5.7L with 324hp and 462 ftlbs of torque.

it's not to bad IMO. :thumbs: I wish that GM would have the rear drive cars here. if they had those mid east cars here, I think that they would give the imports and german cars a run for thier money. same for the ausi cars(holden). instead, were stuck with wrong wheel drive, underpowered, cookie cutters here. :nono::cry::sigh:

What do u think of that Lumina SS?

5.7L with 324hp and 462 ftlbs of torque.

Those are sweet numbers... :thumbs: but the lumina just doesn't have the styling cues.. :sleep: . I say use that setup on the Monte Carlo... :D:flag:.

My thoughts exactly dude.

I didnt see a Monte on there though. :cry:

if GM had that drive-train, in the current body Monte Carlo SS, I would have "that car" in my garage right now. :thumbs:

Archived