Only 7500 lbs towing?????

ChrisNJ

I just bought an '02 K2500LD EC-SB w/6.0 and think the new SS is got my name on it already, BUT I need to tow 8,000lbs, as my current truck does a respectable job doing it (rated to 10,200 with 4.10's) Why is the SS downgraded to 7500 with the same drivetrain as mine? Let me guess. It must be the dumb AWD thing isn't it??? I would have upped the anti for the GMC Denali but they had to make the dumb rear steer thing standard, don't want it, don't need it. And why does the SS have to have the AWD thing?? It's killing me. I shouldn't complain much, cause my current ride is downright awesome compare to the last 5 trucks I've had. Oh well, thanks to GM for at least not eliminating the K2500 LD this year (cause no dealers around here stocked them, I had to order), cause I MUST have the bigger motors but can't stomach the body lift on the HD's. Sorry, a little off topic.

tow ratings are crap anyways. they're just suggested. truth behind it is that you can go over those numbers. I know some vehicles you can nearly double the towing. they just want you to freak and watch how much you tow. It like elevators, they just set it lower so that if you do go over it slightly it won't be a problem, but you'll be more worried about it.....

-Joe

Archived