Need Help/how To

BOB47

Question

Okay, I know how to post pictures through picturetrail. No problem. What I'm trying to find out is how to post pics directly to the site without using another host. Everytime I post anything with picturetrail it ends up 800x600 or smaller. How do I post pics and retain their original size? :dunno:

Please explain in very simple language as I'm still not very good with computers. Thanks

9 answers to this question

Okay, I know how to post pictures through picturetrail. No problem. What I'm trying to find out is how to post pics directly to the site without using another host. Everytime I post anything with picturetrail it ends up 800x600 or smaller. How do I post pics and retain their original size? :dunno:

Please explain in very simple language as I'm still not very good with computers. Thanks

Why use anything? You are a supporting member, you can just upload pics to the site from your computer (unless they are to big).

That's what I'm asking about. When I try to upload directly to the site I get a window that wants a URL. I think. It says http://________________. What do I put in there? My photos are in the My Pictures files. Theyy have numbers or titles on them but no URL that I'm aware of. The only time I can find a URL is when I upload them to Picturetrail first. Then they compress them which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Sorry, I'm stupid about this. What am I missing? (besides intelligence :D )

When you are on the add reply page, do you add pics. by hitting the Browse button?

Use Browse button, then find pic you want and double click it, then hit the upload botton. That is how I do it. If the pic. is over a certain size it will not upload. I hope this helps. If I could remember how the print screen button worked I would give you pics. but I can't :banghead:

OK, got a couple pics uploaded. Says--upload is successful and is available from the 'Manage Current Attachments' menu. When I open that box I see a very small window that has the image names and file sizes. What next?

Oh sorry, I see it works when you add the reply. Think I got it now thanks.

post-1661-1190821208_thumb.jpg

post-1661-1190821371_thumb.jpg

Edited by BOB47 (see edit history)

OK, got a couple pics uploaded. Says--upload is successful and is available from the 'Manage Current Attachments' menu. When I open that box I see a very small window that has the image names and file sizes. What next?

Oh sorry, I see it works when you add the reply. Think I got it now thanks.

Cool, glad that works for you. Now post away. Nice look'n truck :thumbs: