Anyone In Kauai?

usabodyguard

Hey, I was there last Christmas and was really taken. I liked Poipu a lot. In the south to south east it's desert with cactus and lots of cane and coffee. Kauai coffee is awesome too. Wintertime the surf is in the north, which is more jungle. In December - January the surf at Hanalei is scary. West there seemed to be a lot of public beaches and some surfing. The Waimea canyon in the Southeast is quite a thing to see but pretty much a tourist park. Polihale beach is dramatic, with the cliffs just above you and all. Nice place for a bonfire but the water will drown you there. If the weather's still good the day trips on boat up the Na Poli Coast are supposed to be nice - they have all kinds of dinner cruises, some sedate and some more exciting. Lots of helicopters rides there too. Along the west coast are some places to stop and look at waterfalls, again, real touristy, but a couple cool places like Wailua, where there's a garden forest of painted eucalyptus that smell like furniture polish. I liked the little towns along the southern coast a lot. Hanapepe was cool, so was Koloa. Quiet little towns. There's a mall at Lihue, and a WalMart. :) It's actually a small place, you can pretty much see the whole island in a week. The northeast is impassable mountains and forest. Pretty wild country, no roads in. Best advice is do a few of the tourist things, take a couple drives, maybe some surfing lessons, and just enjoy the good food and sunshine. You'll have a blast.

I went last year and I am spending part of my honeymoon there this December. You are going to love it. It is the most beautiful and laid back island there is. The snorkeling is great at the farthest north point that you can drive to. Ke'ei Beach I believe it's called. If you are near Poipu, you must, and I mean must find where Puka Dog is and have one. It is THE best hotdog on the planet, hands down (sorry New York and Chicago guys). Congrats and have a great time! :cheers:

I went last year and I am spending part of my honeymoon there this December. You are going to love it. It is the most beautiful and laid back island there is. The snorkeling is great at the farthest north point that you can drive to. Ke'ei Beach I believe it's called. If you are near Poipu, you must, and I mean must find where Puka Dog is and have one. It is THE best hotdog on the planet, hands down (sorry New York and Chicago guys). Congrats and have a great time! :cheers:

i will find it, promise... in fact i will have a picture taken with a couple of dogs and my new bride!

we will be there for 8 days... should be sick... we are going to smiths luau... actually getting married there.

take a couple drives, maybe some surfing lessons, and just enjoy the good food and sunshine. You'll have a blast.

DAVE? SURFING? hahaha id seriously pay money to see that. he'd make a long board look like a short board. what the hell would he surf on? a blue whale?

i will find it, promise... in fact i will have a picture taken with a couple of dogs and my new bride!

we will be there for 8 days... should be sick... we are going to smiths luau... actually getting married there.

That's a great luau...went there too and several people were getting married there. Take the river cruise with the Smiths up to the Fern Grotto if you can. :thumbs:

I heard that the Save the Whale Foundation isnt because they are endangered but because Dave surfs on them and kills them. i mean look at the facts hes gettin ready to go to hawaii. and a couple weeks ago a dead whale washes up on the shore in ventura county, which oddly is where Dave lives. coincidence? you be the judge

I heard that the Save the Whale Foundation isnt because they are endangered but because Dave surfs on them and kills them. i mean look at the facts hes gettin ready to go to hawaii. and a couple weeks ago a dead whale washes up on the shore in ventura county, which oddly is where Dave lives. coincidence? you be the judge

:wtf: something smells fishy... i mean i knew Dave was evil but taking out whales :shakehead:

-Rob