O2 Sensor Help

RacerJJ

I bought some new Denso sensors but they have the wrong plugs on them. I plan to just cut them and splice the old plug onto them. Just looking for a little feedback and info on this. Are all of the wires the same (just wire) or do I need to make sure they match up in the correct sequence? TIA...

:withstupid: BUT....... sometimes the coloring is different for the same wire

Yes, you are correct! They are different but, try to follow me here...on the new sensor there are 2 black wires on one side and a blue and white wire on the other side. The plug that I cut off of my after cat o2's (these may have different wires from the fronts, I don't know yet) have 2 browns on one side and a purple and a tan on the other. Is it safe to assume that the 2 blacks on the new ones are the same as the 2 browns on the old ones?

Yes, you are correct! They are different but, try to follow me here...on the new sensor there are 2 black wires on one side and a blue and white wire on the other side. The plug that I cut off of my after cat o2's (these may have different wires from the fronts, I don't know yet) have 2 browns on one side and a purple and a tan on the other. Is it safe to assume that the 2 blacks on the new ones are the same as the 2 browns on the old ones?

Yes the front and rear are different. yes the black and brown wires are the same, in MOST cases they are ground.

OK found this that will help you out

connect the following wires:

denso o2 gm wires

black--------------> brown = OE heater

blue---------------> purple = OE signal

white--------------> tan = OE ground

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

OK found this that will help you out

connect the following wires:

denso o2 gm wires