Iphone Blows

Pasadena SS

I lost my Blackberry a few weeks back and it just so happened that the iPhone price had drop, I said what the heck it'll be pretty cool to have one...Big Mistake. I came home happy as hell with my new iphone only to discover that you cannot receive or send pics, a simple function that just about every cell phone can do and Oh no custom ring tones either (at the time). I was bummed out, my wife and kids love to send each other pics and now I'm out of that loop. I said F-it, hopefully they'll add that in later with the updates (a guy can dream right?). Later that first week I decided to do an update which I had passed over a few times and in the middle of an update an error message came up and my phone crashed. I lost everything I had in it: Pics of my kids, contacts, etc.

2nd week Everything went pretty well. I'm starting to dig the phone again. Custom ring tones are available on iTunes (for $2 bucks) but whatever I decided to keep it, the 2 weeks return policy had come and gone.

Entering the 3rd week, I notice that my phone would not do the "Tilt Landscaping" (That's where you can look at the internet sideways). I thought no big deal I'll just reset it. Well it didn't work. What I got from 1800 My-iPhone is comments like "accelerometer died", "stopped reorienting itself" and "hardware failure" The support guy even told me that he's on his second iPhone. What the hell is that? Is he trying to make me feel better? Or scare the hell out me? F-it!!! I said once again. I can do without it for now plus what else can go wrong right? How about this...

SMS not opening (Text Message)

Music shutting off randomly

Constant sync failure

phone locking up (sometimes for hours)

deleted info still sync to iphone

video sound comes on and off

iPhone not turning on....at all.....AT ALL!!!

I never drop it once, never toss it on a table, never sat in my truck with it in my pocket. I pampered the damn thing and it gave me nothing but headaches. Tomorrow I'm taking a day off work to visit a local Mac Store and see what they tell me.

This Frickin' suck!!!!

sorry to hear you're having issues

and im NOT bashing on you, or your choice, but ironically, my ms smart phone never has issues, and custom ring tones are pretty much free ... as long as you have a sound file you just drop it on the phone from your pc and its there.

No IPONE here. Would NEVER get one since it's just part of that stupid IPOD bug people have where they just need to have one.

I also never buy something when it first comes out, there are always problems. It's always best to wailt a while till all the bugs get fixed.

Yup, nextel for me, though the service sucks, the customer service really sucks (been trying to replace my I530 for 3 weeks now, lol), but I use roughly 1000+mins of direct connect with FD members alone, and I would love to switch to like Verizon, but can't because to save money on mins, I'll have to get the whole FD to switch as well....

But anyway, sorry to hear about your troubles, are you going to stick it out, or ditch it all together?

.......but I use roughly 1000+mins of direct connect with FD members alone............I'll have to get the whole FD to switch as well....

:withstupid: Yeah my department uses Nextel, they switched close to 7 years ago..........everyone here at work pretty much has Nextel too, the company has been based around it for over 10 years now... :ughdance:

Holy Crap ... Pasadena SS .... Your Alive!!! Haven't seen you in a while ...
:withstupid:

I've uded Nokia for the past several years, and have had service through AT&T/Cingular (whatever they're called this week). I love the phones. For the most part trouble free, and durable, as my wife can be hard on hers. The coverage area and service is verry good, also. Their customer service has something to be desired, but I think most large companies are that way.

No IPONE here. Would NEVER get one since it's just part of that stupid IPOD bug people have where they just need to have one.

I also never buy something when it first comes out, there are always problems. It's always best to wailt a while till all the bugs get fixed.

:withstupid: i agree with that many bells and whistles it best to wait on the second gerneration they usually get it right then