Supercharger Issues

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12.8* of timing isn't the cause of the lack of power though. When I dyno tuned my truck, the power pulls I made at the end of the day were with 150* IATs, 230* ECTs, 11-13* of timing and power was still over 400hp with the stock cam.

I agree, On the dyno, I purposly ran 10* until I dialed in the fueling...all runs were over 400HP for me as well. Lets not forget the dyno itself, I know the dyno operators can mess with some parameters and give a way false reading.

Fuel is good, spark isn't horrible (assuming it's correct), there is something else going on.

Not a big deal as long as they're gapped around .035" with the stock coil dwell times. With longer dwells, can increase that a bit.

Agree. I ran the stockers to 470HP with no issues. At 5-6psi the plugs should be fine IMO however closing the gap isn't a bad idea.

Log, Log, Log and don't thrash on it until it is sorted out. I am leaning toward a physical issue such as cam advance or valvetrain. Keep us posted...

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Yea, that is a mess.

Here is an old dyno run of mine for comparison as I expect yours to look similar:

Dyno_Meth_run_4.jpg

yeah thats what a run should look like. Mine looks like a cardio graph or some shit..lol Hopefully its as simple as the plugs. Makes sense IMO I hear no racket under the hood and everything else seems to check out. I watched Danny put the cam in TDC so that points torwards the plugs. Its amazing how something like spark plugs could start a chainreaction that robs you of 200HP literally.

Its amazing how something like spark plugs could start a chainreaction that robs you of 200HP literally.

If the spark plug gaps are to far apart, they could be "blowing" out and not completing their burn of the air fuel mixture. Its very possible to lose that much power.

You should save that dyno graph and take it with you to the emergency room and tell them you are having an irregular heart beat...lol.

Good luck man. I hope its something simple, nothing breaks your heart more than to drop that kind of coin and turn around and have something catostrophic happen.

at first it sounds like a cam issue..... but you said your getting steady boost in the manifold, so that nearly elliminates that. spark blow-out maybe? id say it cant hurt to try the new plugs.... hows the car run outside PE? how are your fuel trims?

i ran my stock plugs, stock gap, to 460whp with no issues at 19 degrees WOT

at first it sounds like a cam issue..... but you said your getting steady boost in the manifold, so that nearly elliminates that. spark blow-out maybe? id say it cant hurt to try the new plugs.... hows the car run outside PE? how are your fuel trims?

i ran my stock plugs, stock gap, to 460whp with no issues at 19 degrees WOT

I am not sure what PE is. I can tell you that everyday driving is just fine its WOT when you get a shit storm. If I sit idling for any length of time it sounds like my truck wants to die. A scan this morning also showed a random misfire code. Fuel trims I dunno how to check that.

I am not sure what PE is. I can tell you that everyday driving is just fine its WOT when you get a shit storm. If I sit idling for any length of time it sounds like my truck wants to die. A scan this morning also showed a random misfire code. Fuel trims I dunno how to check that.

do you have an aeroforce? that can tell you alot. fuel trims kr all that good stuff.

with the p0300 code your getting plugs are sounding like the cause. ive had a few times where i got the p0300 code and it ranged from plugs, plug wires, and even injectors.

what tune are you running?

do you have an aeroforce? that can tell you alot. fuel trims kr all that good stuff.

with the p0300 code your getting plugs are sounding like the cause. ive had a few times where i got the p0300 code and it ranged from plugs, plug wires, and even injectors.

what tune are you running?

See I do have an Aeroforce gauge but they accidently shipped me the wrong one :banghead: Thats why i had to get it scanned today while I wait for my new one to come back. The O2's are throwing some wierd ass code noone nows what it means. Its like a PA201-PA204 if I remember correctly. the PA has me baffled. The o2's are brandnew and Zippy tuned out the cats. Zippy is reflashingmy tune just incase it lost some calibration. I am hoping its an easy fix. I really cant wait to feel what the blower can do.

Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it.

Wait a minute...Brad...please go out and check all plug wires and make sure they are all fully seated on the spark plug. Also check all plug wires and make sure none of them have burned through and are arcing with the header or engine block, misfires, bad idle, all would be exhibited by these causes. It really could be that simple. I had a plug wire fall off a spark plug and it threw the misfire code, ran rough, etc.

Your Ramdom Cylinder misfire code is common with a cam. You will need to shift your hit counts up to a limit where they (P0300) will not be a nuisance. This actually may be a good place to start. Zippy, what value did you put in this block? If the value is very high in the tune, this could point to a bigger issue, if stock or slightly higher, I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens at RMP's over say 4K. If you are triggering this code at idle, not a concern, if you are triggering it in PE, it narrows it down some and tells me you may indeed be "blowing out the spark". FWIW, I maxed out this value in my tune.

I also would suggest DOUBLE CHECKING your fuel pressure. You have an 06 truck (with a returnless system) and from what I have seen, obtaining a 64psi FP reading during a WOT pull is amazing. Are you sure your FPR was installed without a hitch? I have a crappy computer screen at work so I really can't make out your AFR during your dyno run. However, it seems that it wasn't locked on to the 11.9 which could be a result of erratic FP. Also, what gear did you dyno in? The graph looks like a 2nd gear pull.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)