Supercharger Issues

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The missfire counts aren't changed in his application. The GT2-3 cam is no where near big enough to have to change that setting. That cam will idle with the stock missfire settings at 600rpm and you really can't tell that there has even been a cam change. If it's setting a missfire code, it's likely for the same reason as the popping and lack of power.

Yea I agree Zippy. I just refreshed my memory on the GT2-3 specs...I forgot how mild it is.

As mentioned earlier,...Check the Crank Position Sensor and / or do a relearn. Check the wires for fraying or melting. Should only take 2 minutes to check.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

The missfire counts aren't changed in his application. The GT2-3 cam is no where near big enough to have to change that setting. That cam will idle with the stock missfire settings at 600rpm and you really can't tell that there has even been a cam change. If it's setting a missfire code, it's likely for the same reason as the popping and lack of power.

:withstupid: The cam in that truck is not the issue, it idles like a total pup even has 17-in of vacuum at idle.

Mr. P.

Not to hijack thread, but I have 19in vaccuum at idle, not 17. Is this because of the different cam? I have a stock cam. Just clearing that up for myself. thanks.

Yep, that is exactly it. Difference in valve overlap.

Yea I agree Zippy. I just refreshed my memory on the GT2-3 specs...I forgot how mild it is.

As mentioned earlier,...Check the Crank Position Sensor and / or do a relearn. Check the wires for fraying or melting. Should only take 2 minutes to check.

where is the crank position sensor? is there a how to for the crank relearn?

yeah i'll/we'll get her fixed up. The plan tommorrow is check all the wires around the headers for any problems. then change the plugs to the NGK's and put my stock plug wires back on. If the truck runs fine then I'm going to put the new MSD superconducters back on and see how she runs. If none of that works I'll wait and throw the new reflashed tune and see if maybe something cause the tune to lose calibration somewhere. If none of that I dunno. FINGERS CROSSED