Attn: California Drivers

bgdsub72

my buddy has been pulled over twice for this, it would be nice to get rid of this law but i don't see it happening. one of the arguments is that it would make police stop more drunk drivers ect. but a lot of the time dunk drivers are are stopped because of these minor offenses. i don't see it going anywhere.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

I live in CA and the truth be told, I never put one on my 2002 truck, dont have one on the 2004 Monte SS and have never had one on my 2005 VHO. The funny part, I've never been pulled over for it. Knock on wood.

I will sign the petition because I think its a stupid law

i dont have a front plate on my honda or ss. never been pulled over for it either. i think daryl (2006silverss) bought his ss here locally in california and it didnt even have holes drilled in the bumper for the front plate mount lucky guy.

i dont have a front plate on my honda or ss. never been pulled over for it either. i think daryl (2006silverss) bought his ss here locally in california and it didnt even have holes drilled in the bumper for the front plate mount lucky guy.

It sure didn't come with it, and I'm ok with that :D

I too hate the looks of a front plate, but looking at the law from the other side of the equation, I have on many many occasions located a suspect vehicle utilizing the front plate as the vehicle came towards me. If there was only a rear plate I MIGHT be able to twist my neck out of joint and get a glimpse of it as it goes by, but with watching where I'm going and the amount of traffic it can be very difficult and dangerous. That's why I accept the law and as kind of a compromise I built a retractable license plate bracket for use when I'm off the streets, or at car shows, meets, photo events, etc. :dunno:

I too hate the looks of a front plate, but looking at the law from the other side of the equation, I have on many many occasions located a suspect vehicle utilizing the front plate as the vehicle came towards me. If there was only a rear plate I MIGHT be able to twist my neck out of joint and get a glimpse of it as it goes by, but with watching where I'm going and the amount of traffic it can be very difficult and dangerous. That's why I accept the law and as kind of a compromise I built a retractable license plate bracket for use when I'm off the streets, or at car shows, meets, photo events, etc. :dunno:

I agree whole heartedly ....

I hate having a front plate ... But all of my vehicles have front plates ....