Possible New Buy

SlowSierraSS

I was going to buy a newer 2004 silverado ss with 27K on it for 21,000 dolllas. It has a magnacharger and some serious tranny stuff done where it shifts really really firm and was wondering how well the trannies stock hold up to that stuff for a stock tranny with a shift kit. It will not be eledgable for any warranty at all because of the tranny/motor mods. Good buy or not. It is supercharged, headers, intercooler, and some sort of trannyh kit. Buy or no Buy? Let me know what your experiences are with the 04 ss trannies and motors with these mods.

Ok so I am going to go get this here but I am going to think about it for about an hour. As much input about trannies with these mods would be nice. Do they hold or no even with a shift kit? It shifts really hard because of some sort of kit it has but not sure what it is yet. Are these trannies available and if so how easy and about how much?

that sounds like a killer deal for a low mileage awd with a blower. even if you have to rebuild the tranny later on you still would be saving money for that price. mine shifts plenty hard with shift kit/servos as does a lot of other members on here. sloppy shifting just adds to premature clutch wear. too hard could be bad though to.

mr. p is very knowledgable about the ins and outs of these trannies (unfortunately)

the trannies are the weakest link in the silverados, so if ur buyin it and arent sure, i would have someone check it out. im sure other guys on the forum can help u out better than i can, but our trannies will blow just by adding a custom tune, let a lone a supercharger. some people have even had theirs blow on the stock motor. if its just a shift kit it might not be enough to handle the SC. might wanna see what else the guy added: servos, etc. ur right about not being able to get a warranty so if there isnt that much added to the trans and ur gonna buy it, i would put some money aside just incase that thing does blow on you.

the trannies are the weakest link in the silverados, so if ur buyin it and arent sure, i would have someone check it out. im sure other guys on the forum can help u out better than i can, but our trannies will blow just by adding a custom tune, let a lone a supercharger. some people have even had theirs blow on the stock motor. if its just a shift kit it might not be enough to handle the SC. might wanna see what else the guy added: servos, etc. ur right about not being able to get a warranty so if there isnt that much added to the trans and ur gonna buy it, i would put some money aside just incase that thing does blow on you.

mine went when it was stock. i did the shift kit and TC together and then the tune.