Question From A Potential Sss Buyer

levilz

Hi guys,

I am thinking about trading my truck for an 03 SSS. I know it isn't exactly the most efficient way to mark performance, but when testing the SS, I timed the 0-60 consistantly at 7.1 sec on my stopwatch. It has true duals and an FIPK that could use a cleaning. Aside from that, the only other aftermarket things that I'm aware of are the hard tonneau and the Goodmark hood. It also has 35k miles. Does this sound fairly close to where it should be?

My current truck is an 05 Titan KC 4X4, also with a true dual setup and a K&N filter. After I finished trying out the SS, I made a few 0-60 passes in the same spot with my truck and I saw 7.1 pretty-well every time with it too. I figured the SSS would pull a little on my Nissan, but they seemed almost dead even.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the SSS at all. I think it is a great truck and I would have gotten one over the Titan originally, if it weren't for the price.

Just wanted to make sure it is where it should be, as far as performance.

Thanks alot.

Yeah that sounds right for a stock SS; get a tune, converter, and shift kit and you'll be *much* more impressed with the SS. Was your test drive a 2WD or AWD? Good luck which ever truck you decide :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Yeah that sounds right for a stock SS; get a tune, converter, and shift kit and you'll be *much* more impressed with the SS. Was your test drive a 2WD or AWD? Good luck which ever truck you decide :thumbs:

Thanks for the response. It was an AWD. I figure even just cleaning the FIPK would help it a little bit. It was fairly crapped up. The truck felt decent, but I got shot down pretty hard on the test drive. Right after I pulled onto the 4-lane, I hit a stop light. A guy in a Duramax 3500 with a full Banks/Turbo setup pulled up to me and tossed a few revs. I figured it wasn't my truck yet, so whatever. He handed me my ass pretty bad. That was a nasty truck

Thanks for the response. It was an AWD. I figure even just cleaning the FIPK would help it a little bit. It was fairly crapped up. The truck felt decent, but I got shot down pretty hard on the test drive. Right after I pulled onto the 4-lane, I hit a stop light. A guy in a Duramax 3500 with a full Banks/Turbo setup pulled up to me and tossed a few revs. I figured it wasn't my truck yet, so whatever. He handed me my ass pretty bad. That was a nasty truck

:lol: yeah if I modded a diesel the Duramax would be the one to have. The SSS trucks in stock form are pretty tame, the good news is that the do respond pretty well to mods, bad news is that mods cost money!

:lol: yeah if I modded a diesel the Duramax would be the one to have. The SSS trucks in stock form are pretty tame, the good news is that the do respond pretty well to mods, bad news is that mods cost money!

I hear that. The bad news is the good response to mods is like a light and I'm a bug. The Titan I have now is a really nice truck, but the lack of an aftermarket is kinda getting old. It seems like what little they have come out with for them too isn't much bang for the buck. That's a big reason I kinda want another GM.

Yeah that sounds right for a stock SS; get a tune, converter, and shift kit and you'll be *much* more impressed with the SS.

:withstupid: Even just getting a custom tune will wake it up. I don't have a TC or shift kit(yet) and the difference from stock to now with my current mods is like night and day. According to my Aeroforce guage I am pulling anywhere from 6.3 to 6.7 seconds to 60mph. Dump the Titan!!! :chevy:

:crackup: It's good to hear that it doesn't take much to correct what I felt could be troublesome on the test drive. The only thing I wasn't too sure about was the feel of the trans. Appearently everyone on here knows that feel and it's not a big deal to cure, so I'm happy about that. The SSS matches my T/A and would look better dragging it around, so I'm leaning that direction. I'll have to leave it up now to the dealer and my insurance company. If the numbers are where they need to be, I'll probably "Dump the Titan"

i agree with the other guys. i went from an elephant of a Tahoe so I was impressed with the SSS's acceleration but after I got a TC, shift kit, and custom tune, it's night and day. i have no idea what I'm running for times, but I should have my gauges in a week or so.

I had to wait until today so I could call my insurance to make sure I wouldn't go up much with the SS badge. Never know with them. I called them around 9 this morning and they said the ins. would actually go down like $.09 per month. I was pretty well set on going over and picking it up after hearing that. I stopped at the dealer at about 11 or so and wouldn't you know it. The truck was out front and they were switching up some dude's tags who got there first. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The car gods must be against me having an SSS, because that's #2 that's slipped through my fingers. The dude that beat me to it seemed cool enough though, so at least you all have another good member of your community. Maybe I'll eventually get my own, but now's not my time. Thanks to those of you who answered my previous questions. Later.

P.S If the guy that picked up an SSS from Harry Green today ends up on here, this is for you. If you get a case of buyers remorse, send me a PM, because I want that frickin' truck. If not, enjoy, cause it's a nice one.

i don;t know what color you want but i have a red 03 radix SS, with a 0 to 60 in 4 sec i think...for sale here in ohio! it's on ebay right now here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...570222&rd=1

.. let me know if your interested...its a heck of a deal ask the forum!

i don;t know what color you want but i have a red 03 radix SS, with a 0 to 60 in 4 sec i think...for sale here in ohio! it's on ebay right now here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...570222&rd=1

.. let me know if your interested...its a heck of a deal ask the forum!

Red is what I was going for. I figure yours would be a little rich for my blood though. They had agreed to take $22K there plus I would be trading the Titan. It would be awesome if you would match that, but I know better. Best of luck though.