Have A Problem

kaos

i notice that my trany lines are rubing on my headers on the passenger side i bent the lines a little and it clears but barly has any body had this happen and if so what did yall do or what can i do to get more clearence from the headers

i would bend it away for clearence like MR P said. if you are talking about rubber hose, then i WOULD NOT USE it. headers/heat and rubber hose = FIRE..

:seeya:

ya dont want that i bent it ill see if it stays like that thanks for yalls info

Anyone with the ASM headers will have a tight fit. I bent them as best I could and cable tied them to the point of maybe a 1/2 inch clearance. They still rub even at that clearance when the motor twists in my case.

I would wrap the lines in heat-tape just as a precaution... It might help extend the life of that metal, if the heat has been burning off the coating or warping the steel then I would imagine it'd be prone to rust & wear much easier... And I'm with Steve on the 3/8", should be fine...

i would bend it away for clearence like MR P said. if you are talking about rubber hose, then i WOULD NOT USE it. headers/heat and rubber hose = FIRE..

:seeya:

Not trying to steal desrtrat's thunder here, but he is VERY right - during my demolition derby days the most violent car fires were ATF fires, lost both cars entirely. ATF is very, very violently flamable and I can only describe it like diesel, once you get an established fire you will not get it extiguished. Rubber hose on ATF lines is a NO-NO and if memory serves right I believe that it's not allowed on faster cars at the drag strip either.

Mr. P.

i have arizona speed and marine long tubes so anybody with theses headers make sure you look at that.....that trany line looks fine to me but my header is rusted alredy it made a grove in it what sould i do about that..

Has anyone had this problem with Pacesetter Headers? Is this something I should watch out for?

Yes when we installed Pacesetters on brobrad77's truck the ATF lines were rubbing the primary tubes; we massaged them by hand to make some clearance, I would recommend you check there and make a good 3/8" - 1/2" air gap. Sprayed99 also said that on his Joe Gibbs truck he had the same fitment issue, I'm taking this is a normal install issue with the Pacesetters, or any other header for that matter - no biggie, easy enough to correct.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)