Mass. Front Plate Petition

KJT13

whats the fine if you dont have a plate up front??? i should use my front plate but use my "thin blue line" plate instead and keep my real plate inside my cab incase i get pulled over. i never really thought about it until now..

i used to do that as well. now i just run the plate. only people with the old white plates with green numbers/letters can run without a front plate because they were only issued one plate. occasionally I see cars with the old white plates with red numbers/letters that pre-date the green. they started the two plates when they redesigned them with the "spirit of america" theme. before that, only commercial plates (and maybe vanity plates) came in pairs.

not sure of the fine.

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

whats the fine if you dont have a plate up front??? i should use my front plate but use my "thin blue line" plate instead and keep my real plate inside my cab incase i get pulled over. i never really thought about it until now..

i used to do that as well. now i just run the plate. only people with the old white plates with green numbers/letters can run without a front plate because they were only issued one plate. occasionally I see cars with the old white plates with red numbers/letters that pre-date the green. they started the two plates when they redesigned them with the "spirit of america" theme. before that, only commercial plates (and maybe vanity plates) came in pairs.

not sure of the fine.

God ... the two of you KILL me sometimes (In a nice way) .... It's only $35.00 a whack ... Not a moving violation either ..... BTW the Thin Blue Line will get you into a TON of trouble, if you have nothing to back it up either. Especially if your trying to pawn off a PBA card or some BS like that .... MPA or stay away!!!

M.G.L. Ch.90 s.6 - Number Plate Violations

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

God ... the two of you KILL me sometimes (In a nice way) .... It's only $35.00 a whack ... Not a moving violation either ..... BTW the Thin Blue Line will get you into a TON of trouble, if you have nothing to back it up either. Especially if your trying to pawn off a PBA card or some BS like that .... MPA or stay away!!!

So the blue line is for direct family and or officers itself correct? My cousin had given me a sticker for my back window that I never put on. I know that the sticker, eases the mind of an officer when they approach the car.

well what do i need to back it up with, do i need to be related? lol. i do have stuff to back it up with. also its good to know that its not a moving violation. what about having the plate inside the cab like in the window..i heard it has to be fixed to the car?? this true.

I just got a fine in Iowa for $65 for no front plate!!!! I like the idea of the petition, but it gets you nowhere....I've signed the Iowa one

So the blue line is for direct family and or officers itself correct? My cousin had given me a sticker for my back window that I never put on. I know that the sticker, eases the mind of an officer when they approach the car.

It does ... But anyone and their brother can get them.... look on ebay. Yeah it tells me that "Maybe" a police officer is inside, but like I said. Have something to back it up with ... and ID and Badge. If not, No Dice .... You know how it goes, my sister's, boyfriend's, cousin's, father's, younger brother who once was a cop in Alaska, came to visit, and gave me the sticker for my vehicle ....

well what do i need to back it up with, do i need to be related? lol. i do have stuff to back it up with. also its good to know that its not a moving violation. what about having the plate inside the cab like in the window..i heard it has to be fixed to the car?? this true.

No, inside the cab is a violation. It must be affixed to the front bumper.