Wrecked The Ss

TAR 71

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The insurance claims adjuster finally looked at the truck this morning, I still won't know anything for a day or two, but at least the ball is rolling now. I was able to take some pics also. I let you all know as soon as I find out something. I have found a couple possible replacements for my truck, but unfortunetly they aren't very close too me.

Thanks guys.

SSA51865.jpg

SSA51866.jpg

SSA51867.jpg

SSA51868.jpg

SSA51869.jpg

SSA51871.jpg

SSA51872.jpg

The insurance claims adjuster finally looked at the truck this morning, I still won't know anything for a day or two, but at least the ball is rolling now. I was able to take some pics also. I let you all know as soon as I find out something. I have found a couple possible replacements for my truck, but unfortunetly they aren't very close too me.

Thanks guys.

SSA51865.jpg

SSA51866.jpg

SSA51867.jpg

SSA51868.jpg

SSA51869.jpg

SSA51871.jpg

SSA51872.jpg

OMG I hate seeing pics like that :shakehead::nonod::sick::sigh::tear::uhoh::eek::cry::(

Is that the soda in the cup holder?! :dunno:

Sucks about your truck, but at least your ok, man!

Yep, that would be the culprit that caused this whole mess. Thank goodness for seatbelts and airbags, I don't think I would have walked away from it if I hadn't had my seatbelt on. You can see the layer of dust inside the cab from the accident also, I had the window down a bit when it happened, what a mess.

Edited by TAR 71 (see edit history)

Update on what's going on with my truck. The insurance company finally called yesterday and said that they were going to fix my truck and they think it can be fixed for $12,000. So, I call tow company that's had my truck since last wed and tell him which bodyshop to take my truck to. I arrive at the bodyshop shortly after my truck gets there and the bodyman takes one look and says "there no way that this can be fixed for 12 grand". The claims adjuster must have just shot from the hip on his estimate, because he was way short according to the shop.

Fast forward to this morning, the adjuster goes back to shop to take another look and discovers how bad his estimate was. He tells the shop that he'll get back to them later in the day, he must have made a call to the insurance co because within an hr, they called me to tell me that it's totalled. According to the shop, the only way to fix it is to put a new frame under it, insurance apparently said no (not that I'm surprized). So now the fun begins with fighting with them about how much the truck is worth.

I was really bummed about this whole deal earlier, but I'm more relieved now though because now I don't have to worry about the truck being fixed right. The frame is bent and twisted in several places, plus the cab is buckled too, I hadn't noticed that until yesterday when I saw it in the daylight. The damage is much worse than I originally thought it was. As bad as I hate to say it, the SS is done. Time to move on I guess.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. If I don't get another SS or vho, you guys gonna run me off? :P j/k

Edited by TAR 71 (see edit history)