Vortech Supercharger/ tighten up suspension

I'm planning on Supercharging my SS through the Dealership (only to keep my 100k mi. warranty). Does anyone have some spec's and/or info. I just finished the interior (5 dvd's, blk/grey suede headliner, window shattering sound sys., fish eye camera in tailgate handle, and a few 007 features) so now my focus is on performance upgrades. I also think the suspension could use some TLC. I would appreciate any feedback from y'all. :cool:

can we have some pics please, the fish eye camera sounds cool? share your truck...this is where sinisterss can add his famous post :D

I'm a custom bike bulider by trade. I can rebuild a 5spd tranny in less time than it took me to write this. I have pics of the interior but how to get them from my digital camera to the computer then to this site for y'all to see is beyond me... I'd ask one of my girlfriends to help......but that would be like pulling over and asking for directions...lol.....what do strippers know anyway!!!!!

You can get a Vortech Supercharged SS from the dealer now?

The dealership here in Phoenix said the parts for the Vortech supercharger will arrive 3wks after I make the deposit.....but.....keep in perspective that is info. from an individual who makes commission at a dealership. :sigh: Personally, I trust them bout' as far as I can toss 'em......and car salesman's on average aren't skinny..... But I will keep you posted as soon as I make the 3k deposit.....the total package was quoted at $6700 (but still under warranty) Does that sound right to you guys.....??????

Hotchkis sway bars and Energy Suspension bushings?

22" rims or a wider 20" rim?

Different tires?

Yeah I'm putting 22" Iron Cross wheels (cut to match my elbows).......anxious they were supposed to be done by Christmas... what aspect ratio tire can I fit in there?? I want as much rubber as I can fit. I want tighter suspension to eliminate that sketchy feeling in the ass end during turns at high speed. I know its still a pickup, but I know it can be better. Alot better. Dick Gulnstrand who did the suspension on my dad's '03 vette said he got something up his sleeve for my SS. If I have to lower it, I will, reluctantly.

Do you think if I went with the 2" drop I could still fit at least a 55 series tire. I refuse to go any thinner because "curbs and potholes just happen" and flat tires with bent rims IS HIGHLY OVER RATED.

You can get a Vortech Supercharged SS from the dealer now?

The dealership here in Phoenix said the parts for the Vortech supercharger will arrive 3wks after I make the deposit.....but.....keep in perspective that is info. from an individual who makes commission at a dealership. :sigh: Personally, I trust them bout' as far as I can toss 'em......and car salesman's on average aren't skinny..... But I will keep you posted as soon as I make the 3k deposit.....the total package was quoted at $6700 (but still under warranty) Does that sound right to you guys.....??????

$6,700 installed sounds about right.

Different tires?

Yeah I'm putting 22" Iron Cross wheels (cut to match my elbows).......anxious they were supposed to be done by Christmas... what aspect ratio tire can I fit in there?? I want as much rubber as I can fit. I want tighter suspension to eliminate that sketchy feeling in the ass end during turns at high speed. I know its still a pickup, but I know it can be better. Alot better. Dick Gulnstrand who did the suspension on my dad's '03 vette said he got something up his sleeve for my SS. If I have to lower it, I will, reluctantly.

Do you think if I went with the 2" drop I could still fit at least a 55 series tire. I refuse to go any thinner because "curbs and potholes just happen" and flat tires with bent rims IS HIGHLY OVER RATED.

Surprisingly these are the only 22" tires that Nitto sells. I expected a larger aspect ratio one. With the 305/45 you may have to reprogram the speedo.

Blue is the overall diameter

Red is the wheel width

*275/55 R20 116V 11.5 31.89 11.10 7.5-(8.5)-9.5 2756@50 651

*285/45 R22 114V 11.5 31.97 11.22 9.0-(9.5)-10.5 2601@50 650

*305/45 R22 118V 11.5 32.64 11.93 9.5-(10.0)-11.5 2910@50 636

*305/40 R22 114V 11.5 31.5 12.09 10.0-(11.0)-12.0 2601@50 660

Won't you lose the stiffer advantage of 22's if you go with too much tire?

I looked around a little and found a 325/40R22 tire.

Kumho Ecsta STX 11-13" rim width required

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?mak...model=Ecsta+STX

Different tires?

Surprisingly these are the only 22" tires that Nitto sells. I expected a larger aspect ratio one. With the 305/45 you may have to reprogram the speedo.

Blue is the overall diameter

Red is the wheel width

*275/55 R20 116V 11.5 31.89 11.10 7.5-(8.5)-9.5 2756@50 651

*285/45 R22 114V 11.5 31.97 11.22 9.0-(9.5)-10.5 2601@50 650

*305/45 R22 118V 11.5 32.64 11.93 9.5-(10.0)-11.5 2910@50 636

*305/40 R22 114V 11.5 31.5 12.09 10.0-(11.0)-12.0 2601@50 660

Won't you lose the stiffer advantage of 22's if you go with too much tire?

Thats funny I have similiar info. from Goodyear sitting right in front of me. But yes, more tire=less rigidity but since we are working w/ a vehicle that has a weight distribution of close to 75%front & 25%rear, and given our range of aspects possible to fit on the truck given the big wheels we like(35-65 series) I think about the pro's and con's: 35series being twice as $$$$ and a rough ride, 65series being cheaper but less responsive. I'd just split the difference, mabey bias towards the features or characteristics you prefer. Because its a truck, even if we put 35series on a set of 16" wheels, we would never take full advantage of the high performance tire because our center of gravity is too high and weight distrib. is unbalenced. regaurdless of AWD, we are constantly fighting the under/over steering problem...... but then again, what the hell do I know ;)

Sounds like a very nice ride! As someone mentioned we're going to need pics to check this out :)

Did they give you a breakdown on the installation cost? $6700. isn't to bad with the install from a dealership (labor = $$$). It depends on if this is the kit with the Aftercooler. Here is some info for this system -

VortechAFT.jpg

Vortech Engineering now has a supercharger with Aftercooler available for the 2003 Silverado SS, Cadillac Escalade and GMC Denali.

Kit details:

Flywheel horsepower/torque 6.0 Chevrolet SS truck:

stock (factory rating) ---345/380

supercharged (estimate based on % increase @ wheels)--- 465/494

Manifold boost pressure: 7-8 psig @ redline

Includes V2 S-trim supercharger with 3.33? driven pulley

Complete fuel system upgrade includes replacement fuel injectors, fuel lines and a high flow supplemental fuel pump with harness. Included hand-held programmer also controls ignition timing and fuel enrichment.

Molded air inlet ducting assembly features the Vortech logo, maintains factory appearance and employs the stock air box

Includes replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assembly

Oil drain and oil feed assemblies allow for maintenance free operation. Tools included for simple modification of oil pan for supercharger drain fitting installation

Factory appearing cast aluminum supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idler, drive belt and all hardware

Air/water charge cooler system included. Charge cooler assembly includes:

a) Welded aluminum charge cooler core with discharge tubes, Bosch compressor bypass valve, silicone elbow, sleeves and stainless steel clamps

b) Charge cooler water storage tank with hoses, clamps and plumbing

c) Compact water circulation pump for closed loop cooling

d) Highly effective water cooler

Supercharger kit installation time is rated at 13-15 hours.

CARB E.O. D-213-19 has been assigned to this kit

If your looking to tighten up the suspension a set of Hotchkis Swaybars will allow the truck to go through the corners flatter. It just depends on how far you would like to go with that.

Tom

Archived