I Think It's Time

kaotik1

I think it's time to finally put my truck up for sale, and move on to something else. My only problem is I don't know what I should ask for it. Here is a list of all that is done, that I can think of. I would like it all to go at once and not have to break it up (just don't have the time)

2003 awd with 38k black

Exterior-

Reflexxions cowl hood

carriage works billet grill powdercoated black chrome

Extang full tilt bed cover

factory bed liner

Brake and suspension-

Belltech lowering spindles up front

Belltech lowering leaf packs in the rear

Belltech nitro shocks

Bear Alumasports calpiers with 2pc front rotors up front

Bear Alumasport calipers with one piece rotor in the rear

Earl's braided brake lines (5pc) kit

Interior-

Clarion Vrx935-VD DVD/mp3/cd player Flip out touch screen

JBL pb-1200.1 amplifier

Alpine Type-r 12 inch subwoofer with fiberglass enclosure no seat spacers

Playstation2 with wireless controller

Bolt-ons-

Zippy Tune

K&N cold air intake powdercaoted black chrome

magnaflow catback dual in single out (stainless)

ASM headers(long tube) heat treated titanium color(not installed)

cross over pipe with high flow cats, to match up to the factory exhaust (heat treated black)(not installed)

Pictures of the truck are here

I think it's time to finally put my truck up for sale, and move on to something else. My only problem is I don't know what I should ask for it. Here is a list of all that is done, that I can think of. I would like it all to go at once and not have to break it up (just don't have the time)

2003 awd with 38k black

Exterior-

Reflexxions cowl hood

carriage works billet grill powdercoated black chrome

Extang full tilt bed cover

factory bed liner

Brake and suspension-

Belltech lowering spindles up front

Belltech lowering leaf packs in the rear

Belltech nitro shocks

Bear Alumasports calpiers with 2pc front rotors up front

Bear Alumasport calipers with one piece rotor in the rear

Earl's braided brake lines (5pc) kit

Interior-

Clarion Vrx935-VD DVD/mp3/cd player Flip out touch screen

JBL pb-1200.1 amplifier

Alpine Type-r 12 inch subwoofer with fiberglass enclosure no seat spacers

Playstation2 with wireless controller

Bolt-ons-

Zippy Tune

K&N cold air intake powdercaoted black chrome

magnaflow catback dual in single out (stainless)

ASM headers(long tube) heat treated titanium color(not installed)

cross over pipe with high flow cats, to match up to the factory exhaust (heat treated black)(not installed)

Pictures of the truck are here

I've had the similiar thought for a couple weeks but I think I'm going to have to keep my truck and make it better :devil: It will be my DD when I sale my DD car and work from home. I hope I never have to get rid of the SS.

$25K seems fair.

might have to take lower???

they are giving the new chevy trucks away...so good luck with your sale.

:withstupid: I would not settle for less than $24K private party sale. My basic rule of thumb is to take the current value of the truck (kbb.com $21500) and then add 1/3 to 1/2 the value of the add-ons.

Mr. P.

I think with the condition and bringing it to stock I could probably still manage to get $24K for it. They seem to be pretty beat or way high mileage around here, that is if you can find one. I just don't have time to deal with taking off all the parts, though I do apperciate the PM's on things people are looking to take off my hands. I just haven't had time to do anything as of late. I think I put 1500 miles on the truck this year. Just working to much. BTW I also looked on carmax for any SSS and there was one that had 70k on it, I looked local ct, ny, nj, mass, and there were two others, they also had over 60k for mileage.

I am also located just outside hartford ct. Someone asked in PM where I was, if that helps. If I get enough intrest I may set it back to stock, and let go of the aftermarkets I have, but it would have to be worth my time to take a day off. Parts I will not remove are the drop and shocks, though.

Edited by kaotik1 (see edit history)

I think with the condition and bringing it to stock I could probably still manage to get $24K for it. They seem to be pretty beat or way high mileage around here, that is if you can find one. I just don't have time to deal with taking off all the parts, though I do apperciate the PM's on things people are looking to take off my hands. I just haven't had time to do anything as of late. I think I put 1500 miles on the truck this year. Just working to much. BTW I also looked on carmax for any SSS and there was one that had 70k on it, I looked local ct, ny, nj, mass, and there were two others, they also had over 60k for mileage.

I am also located just outside hartford ct. Someone asked in PM where I was, if that helps. If I get enough intrest I may set it back to stock, and let go of the aftermarkets I have, but it would have to be worth my time to take a day off. Parts I will not remove are the drop and shocks, though.

If you do get $24,000 for it let me know because I will walk away from mine as it sits for $24,000 w/ 26k miles.

:withstupid: I would not settle for less than $24K private party sale. My basic rule of thumb is to take the current value of the truck (kbb.com $21500) and then add 1/3 to 1/2 the value of the add-ons.

Mr. P.

But very very rarely do you get that extra 1/3 to 1/2 realistically when it comes down to it. Unless it is a Supercharger, or major add-ons.

In all reality, your truck will probably bring 22,500.

DON'T SELL IT !!!

But if you are really dead set on selling, then good luck. :happysad:

If a 03 SSS with 35k miles is worth $24,000, then what would a 03 with 16k be worth? Just curious.

What about an 03 with 12K miles and over 10K in mods?

Yeah...but in 10-15 years and my truck still has under 15K miles, it will still be worth 24-25K, possibly more. I can sit in the garage with my 8600 mile 94 Z28 and my 14K mile 90 5.0 Mustang. Both are worth twice what I paid for them already.

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

AUTOGUY, I would say $24k-25k would be about it. These are not a collecter item and that is why I started driving mine as my DD.

So you saying our trucks will not be worth anything in years to come? I always thought they would be a collecters item in the future.