Power Slot Plus 14 Inch Rotors

gregor45

I just wanted to let all you guys know who are looking to do brake upgrades, but would prefer not to break the bank; I installed the power slot plus kit on my truck along with a set of hawk pads, and they are a very nice alternative to other big brake kits at only around $415.00! I decided to do the whole thing all at once and painted my brake calipers and pad housings at the same time (process took about 8 hours allowing for the paint to dry). This overweight girl stops on a dime now, come right up to a street at 45mph and give the brakes a good stab..............45 to zero in no time at all!! :thumbs:

i went on powerslot.com and found this...

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD/4WD1999-2005

front 29-8690

rear 29-8694

12.01" F / 12.76" R

14.0" F / 14.0" R

6-lug only. Front 29-8690 does not fit models with drum brake rear. Rear 29-8694 kit fits vehicles with 18.5mm min thick OEM rotors only.

that's all the info i could pull up on the Power Slot Plus. I didn't see any part numbers for the Hawk pads

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

I have drums so I'll probably just upgrade the front rotors so those part numbers wont work for me ..right?

Naw those part numbers wont work for you. But if this link works it "should" be the right ones for your truck...

Power Slot at Summit Racing

Just remember that they are directional and you would need both of them. Also, I don't think that Hawk makes a pad for the 06 setup so you would have to go with another brand there.

Here is another link to them at AJ USA which shows free shipping...

AJ USA

Just search for a 2006 Silverado.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

Tbyrne Motorsports has the rotors for the same price as Summit Racing, thats where I bought mine......

Power Slot Rotors @ TByrne Motorsports

Hawk does not make a pad for an '06, but Power Slot recommends a factory GM pad or an aftermarket semi-metallic pad.........

The Power Slot rotor part #s for '06 RWD SSSs are 8657PSL and 8657PSR and as mentioned before they are directional.........

Here are a few pics of mine......

DSCN0125.JPG

DSCN0126.JPG

DSCN0127.JPG

DSCN0128.JPG

Hawk does not make a pad for an '06, but Power Slot recommends a factory GM pad or an aftermarket semi-metallic pad.........

to hell with factory GM brakes.....I had a seriously scored rotor on my 06 at 14k miles and guess what?? Brought it to the stealer with the complaint and they tell me GM released a bulletin stating that the scoring of the rotors was "normal" and was due to the makeup of the pads, so my new truck squeals like a POS clunker car in the morning, and that is "normal".... :rolleyes:

I realize why I my last 3 cars were fords...F*ck GM and their cheap asses

to hell with factory GM brakes.....I had a seriously scored rotor on my 06 at 14k miles and guess what?? Brought it to the stealer with the complaint and they tell me GM released a bulletin stating that the scoring of the rotors was "normal" and was due to the makeup of the pads, so my new truck squeals like a POS clunker car in the morning, and that is "normal".... :rolleyes:

I realize why I my last 3 cars were fords...F*ck GM and their cheap asses

Your brakes are making noise due to the fact that GM pads are a somewhat hard pad and are not very gentile on the rotors.........don't forget that the brake layout/design of these trucks wasn't exactly the best and not to mention that they also weigh 5000+ pounds and have a lot of power behind them. I replaced my front pads and rotors at 15k, they were shot, granted I have a heavy foot. My rotors were scored pretty good too, but my pads were almost to the backing and they destroyed the rotor surface. GM wouldn't warranty your rotors probably due to the amount of miles on them I would think. Rotors and pads are considered as wear and tear items.

The other thing to think about is your driving habits. Do you have a heavy foot like me? If so, you will have brake issues and brake noise, it doesn't matter what you drive, Ford, Chevy, or even Hyundai. Heat is enemy of brakes and hard driving creates heat and cuts down on their life expectancy...........

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Fireman 31 and CrazyCanuck- Quick questions: The ones shown on Tbyrne's page are 2-piece....the ones in your pictures(fireman) are 1-piece.

CrazyCanuck - are yours 1 or 2-piece for the 03?

Do they make both for our trucks?

To clarify we're all talking about and listing part numbers for the Powerslot PLUS 14" upgrades correct?