Power Slot Plus 14 Inch Rotors

gregor45

Fireman 31 and CrazyCanuck- Quick questions: The ones shown on Tbyrne's page are 2-piece....the ones in your pictures(fireman) are 1-piece.

CrazyCanuck - are yours 1 or 2-piece for the 03?

Do they make both for our trucks?

To clarify we're all talking about and listing part numbers for the Powerslot PLUS 14" upgrades correct?

The part numbers I listed were the stock 13" rotor replacements for RWD SSSs only. I went with the stock size rotor only upgrade.......when the SSS went to RWD, GM changed the rear brakes to 13" drums and the fronts from 12" rotors to 13". I am not sure about the 14" kit, as the stock size rotors for my SSS were what I was looking for, just a little more bite while braking, nothing too crazy :chevy:

Thanks - I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same things.

Mine is a 03 AWD and I want the 14" upgrade for the front and I noticed in the other thread that gregor started with pics of his that they are 2-piece design.

I'd love to just go with stock size replacements but these 12" brakes are pathetic

I bought the same ones you have for my last truck and it made a huge difference, if anything in the life of the rotors and duration of having to get them turned.

Actually, the rotor's on my truck are one piece, they look like two piece because of the bolts on the inner side of the rotor, they don't serve a purpose besides appearance I don't think. To clarify, my kit is the same power slot plus kit you could find on TYBYRNE, does that help you guys out at all? :chevy:

Actually, the rotor's on my truck are one piece, they look like two piece because of the bolts on the inner side of the rotor, they don't serve a purpose besides appearance I don't think. To clarify, my kit is the same power slot plus kit you could find on TYBYRNE, does that help you guys out at all? :chevy:

Wow thats interesting - I thought for sure the rotors would be 2-piece since the stock size replacements don't have the bolts for appearance...oh well.

Thank for the info

Anybody know if they make rear rotors in the power slot? I only seen the ones for the front? I have all disk all around, and I would like for them all to match up. I think it would like funny if I just got the front? If anybody has part numbers for the rear or anything like that, or where I can find them. it would be a big help..Thanks. I have a 05 sss awd

Anybody know if they make rear rotors in the power slot? I only seen the ones for the front? I have all disk all around, and I would like for them all to match up. I think it would like funny if I just got the front? If anybody has part numbers for the rear or anything like that, or where I can find them. it would be a big help..Thanks. I have a 05 sss awd

The rears are an 8695PSL and PSR, you can get them from TByrne Motorsports or Summit Racing I believe......

Here is a link to Power Slots Application List :chevy:

Power Slot Chevrolet Applications

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to let all you guys know who are looking to do brake upgrades, but would prefer not to break the bank; I installed the power slot plus kit on my truck along with a set of hawk pads, and they are a very nice alternative to other big brake kits at only around $415.00! I decided to do the whole thing all at once and painted my brake calipers and pad housings at the same time (process took about 8 hours allowing for the paint to dry). This overweight girl stops on a dime now, come right up to a street at 45mph and give the brakes a good stab..............45 to zero in no time at all!! :thumbs:

Where did you get your kit from?