Sound With Lt's

RacerJJ

So I finally took my truck down the track after the Pacesetter install and new tune. Unfortunately it was in Las Vegas where the altitude is high and the wind is bad so my times were slow but I noticed my truck sounding VERY different than it used to. The best way to describe it is very low. My exhaust is very short and dumps just before the bed starts. Do I need to extend it and add an X-pipe? It also just didn't feel like it launched as hard or pulled as hard as it used to. My times were ok so I'm confused here. Is it just something I need to get used to? In January during much better temperatures and better air at the same track, I was going 14.40's. This past weekend in worse air and warmer temps I had a best of 14.25. Based on all of this, should I change something? TIA...

Your time improves and you are second guessing yourself? I think you are jsut getting used to them. After I put my pace setters on, I felt a noticeable gain in the seat of the pants. After a couple weeks of driving, the truck felt slower...it wasnt...it was just me getting used to the sensation of the speed.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

weell LT's will change the sound of your exhaust especially without cats.........but you are runing the race mufflers from magnaflow right? is should sound very strong not low.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm very weird

Yeah, it's not screaming through the gears like it used to and I don't feel the SOTP gain at WOT. At part throttle, it feels great.

Mr.P: I have log after log after log to compare! I am a racer after all! :D My times appear to have improved but it is hard to tell at the track I was at last weekend. I am running again this weekend at my home track where I have made a billion runs so I'll be able to get a better comparison. I scanned one of my runs and it looked fine as well. I don't know. I think my exhaust is just too short. When I get some time and money, I think I am going to extend it back to it's old location and mayber change muffs.

So I finally took my truck down the track after the Pacesetter install and new tune. Unfortunately it was in Las Vegas where the altitude is high and the wind is bad so my times were slow but I noticed my truck sounding VERY different than it used to. The best way to describe it is very low. My exhaust is very short and dumps just before the bed starts. Do I need to extend it and add an X-pipe? It also just didn't feel like it launched as hard or pulled as hard as it used to. My times were ok so I'm confused here. Is it just something I need to get used to? In January during much better temperatures and better air at the same track, I was going 14.40's. This past weekend in worse air and warmer temps I had a best of 14.25. Based on all of this, should I change something? TIA...

It's because your in Vegas. The track is slow here because of the altitude. I run mine when its cooler out, and run a 14.5. In temps like this (high 80's), plus it's been alittle muggy, then I run a 14.7. Did you tune for Vegas? That will make a difference. I'll be going in late nov. are you coming back around then? If so, let me know, I'll go with.

Terry

It's because your in Vegas. The track is slow here because of the altitude. I run mine when its cooler out, and run a 14.5. In temps like this (high 80's), plus it's been alittle muggy, then I run a 14.7. Did you tune for Vegas? That will make a difference. I'll be going in late nov. are you coming back around then? If so, let me know, I'll go with.

Terry

I'll be there for the Thanksgiving Bracket Nationals over Thanksgiving weekend.