Parts Guys/wrecking Yard Guys Need Help!

rivierakid55

these are in high demand but i know there's a few parts guys here so what the heck.

I need a buick big block timing cover. any year will work from 67-76. can be off of a 400-430-455. if anyone has a lead or knows of one that is in usable condition it would be greatly appreciated.

at this point im about willing to shell out $700.00 bucks for a new one but i'd really rather not.

tia.

what about TA perfomance?
$700.00 bucks. my money tree isnt quite that big unless it absolutely has to be. ive dropped too much into this engine already.
I can give you a part number for a new one, but it's been dicontinued. You might get lucky and find one at an old dealer that they had left over. 1246333.
thank you. that gives me something to go off.

YIKES!! :eek: Kenne-Bell any cheaper? What's wrong with it? Oil pump housing scored?

3 broken bolts that held the water pump on as well as bad electrolisis. it needs to be swapped for a better used one or if all else fails a new one. there's just too much money already tied into this so im pinching pennies to finish up the motor.

click HERE and punch in 67-76 riveria, engine.....there is a couple guys showing some cores....maybe they will be willing to sell you the cover. i can't really do much more until i get to work tommorow.....also if you are not in a huge hurry there is a big auto flea market that comes around here twice a year.....unfortunaley it won't be here till next spring. if you are still looking for it then i will keep aneye out for you. hopefully this helps you on your search.

just wanted to say thanks to everyone that chimed in. ssbnoon, thank you for your offer and if i can round up some cores we can definately talk. finally at the 3rd machine shop i visited, they were able to help me. now i will be able to bolt the motor together and move on to the interior. :rolleyes: