Odd Whirring Sound.

Bonj87

ok im driving home today and i finally got sick of this whirring sound im hearing.

when im up to speed, and i just barely hold the accelerator down, i can hear this WHIRRRRRRR from the engine.

i thought maybe it was my K&N tubes being loose and im hearing an air leak.

i get home, re tighten everything, go for a short ride, and I still hear it.

is it a normal sound?? anyone else hear this?

you CAI makes a noise when rompin on the gas pedal....makes a "suction" noise.....but not a "WHHHIIRRRRIINNNGGG" noise....i dont beleive its ur CAI.....JMO

:withstupid: I thought you meant the sucking noise under the hood, but now what you describe sounds like a problem with a diff to me, the whirring noise sounds like a bad carrier bearing :chevy:

oh great.. just what i need.. an expensive tranny repair

The carrier bearing has nothing to do with the trans, its an issue with the differential(s), besides I am just diagnosing this by what you are stating here, I am not actually there is person to hear it...........who knows I could be wrong :dunno: what you are describing now sounds like a bad carrier bearing though.........

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

My 03 AWD had a whirring noise. I removed the front diff and pulled it apart. The carrier for the ring gear had a side carrier bearing come apart. The noise was mostly audible @ 30-50 MPH and louder under light accel. My truck only has 23,000 miles on it.