Header Problem

ss04Flores

ok guys i just install my longtubes with the magnaflow earlier this week and while i was driving my engine light turned on.....today when i went to turn it on the whole engine shakes really bad and right on were the longtube end right before my cat it also shakes real badly...i went to Autozone and they told me that one of my sensors was bad.. Can anyone tell me what could of happend.....bad installation? or just time for new sensors please help....

Tankz

ZerG

Spark plug wire is loose. Make sure all of your spark plug wires are pressed firmly on the spark plugs and making contact. Also make sure you have not burned through any plug wires with the headers. Did autozone scan the truck and tell you it was the sensor? If so, you might need your rear O2 sensors turned off.

Spark plug wire is loose. Make sure all of your spark plug wires are pressed firmly on the spark plugs and making contact. Also make sure you have not burned through any plug wires with the headers. Did autozone scan the truck and tell you it was the sensor? If so, you might need your rear O2 sensors turned off.

yea they scannned it.... i took it to Bumberas (a very well know shop here in Houston) they do all my work and first thing they ask me if i had done a tune. would i need a tune will a full exsaust and CAI? and they did mention my 02 sensors. they said i might need a new one at autozone

yea they scannned it.... i took it to Bumberas (a very well know shop here in Houston) they do all my work and first thing they ask me if i had done a tune. would i need a tune will a full exsaust and CAI? and they did mention my 02 sensors. they said i might need a new one at autozone

I'd say it is somewhat common to need new sensors after the header install because of all of the handling you do or them during th install. They are reasonably cheap and easy to install. I would also check your plug wires. The MSD and stock ones are likely to burn. I had to change to Taylor universal fit wires with 90 degree boots and do some re-reouting to make mine work without touching the header.

well i got it back today and the guy explained what he did....ill post the recipt so yall can look at it and explain it better and to see if i got ripped off :banghead: .....by the way my 02 sensor was destroyed and my spark plug needed to be changed

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)