How Is The Ss In The Snow?

MADF1

their fun in the snow...getting moving is easy stopping on the other hand is ok i guess ...it does as good as any truck ...ive had mine in deep snow before and it did great the real limiting factors is the tires the stock goodyears did ok in the snow but werent the best ...but i think you should do for where you are at but upgrading toa better tire will help it out alot

p.s. snownuts are fun :driving:

Not too bad.................I will say that they are alot of fun in the snow..... :thumbs: A lot of people don't realize that some SS's are AWD, and have a dumbfounded look on their face when you take off from a stoplight in the snow...........

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

I'm looking to buy an AWD Silverado SS very soon, but live in upstate, NY and have to contend with snow.

How do the AWD SSs do in the snow?

Thanks and I look forward to many more posts here!

I live in wyoming and drive my ss year round. It does fine as they said tires help but no problems gettin around. If the snow is so deep my truck wont get around i probably should stay home that day !

Thanks everyone! I'm such an idiot and completely missed the post just above mine! Duh.. sorry about that.

My girlfriend has an '05 Trailblazer and I aboslutely LOVE that vehicle, so I'm ditching one of my cars and the Durango to get one of these soon. I can't wait!

an awd is an absolute blast in the winter time. I know someone said if its too deep he wouldnt go out. hell ill go out just to see if i get stuck and i havent yet and we get some deep snow here in iowa ive even drove in a ice storm with it once cuz I had to go get my brother now it wasnt by choice but it was either my truck or my moms damn fwd buick so i chose my truck and i was really impressed and I have the stock goodyears though I dont like goodyear i dont absolutly hate em either.

with the stock rims n tires it handled great in anyweather.... after i put the 22's on w/ 305's i notcied a lil difference in the snow.... it actually felt like the truck was floating on the snow a bit.... the tire foot print was just too wide i guess.... im gettin some stl rims n winter tire @ the end of the month so should be fun in the snow this winter when i go upstate...

The stock Goodyears SUCK compared to my Yokohama Geolanders. The Goodyears would go just fine, but would slide around quite a bit trying to turn or stop. The Goelanders are well planted and clean their tread much easier than the stockers did and are much more sure footed in all conditions.

I'm looking to buy an AWD Silverado SS very soon, but live in upstate, NY and have to contend with snow.

How do the AWD SSs do in the snow?

Thanks and I look forward to many more posts here!

I run stock rims with Michelin LTX M+S and the AWD SS is unbelievable in the snow. I live in Canada and we get a little bit of snow and ice in the winter and the SS performs and still feels very stable even under hard acceleration. I wouldn't drive anything else.....SSS4LIFE